Vortex Load order

sinsoft76

The Groups diagram is not really good in visualizing what it wants to achieve. It looks way too chaotic.

The thing is really quite easy. Every plugin group has a node in there, and the only thing it's supposed to show (and allow the user to modify) is the order between the groups, i.e. which group should be loaded before or after which other group.

The small arrow in each line shows the direction: The group at the end of the arrow will be sorted AFTER the group at the beginning of the arrow.

It's really that simple. That the lines tend to cross and the graph is looking like a knot is really just caused by a bad auto layout code (which hasn't been programmed by Tannin himself, but is probably part of a public library).

The colors of the nodes and lines just represents whether the groups and dependencies are part of the masterlist or are customized user additions.

@ OP ...

... you've given solid feedback from even Tannin in this thread. Do not worry about how many mods you will install ( 100, 150, 200+, etc ), just resolve conflicts between mods by clicking on the red bolt ( you can follow my advise if you want to ) till all of them are green and make sure the auto-sort tab is enabled in the Plugins Section and let Vortex to sort them out. Again, the only things I move in the Plugins are the patches, via Group, other that those, everything stay as Vortex decides. So far, I am running 81 mods in Fallout 4 and 63 in Skyrim. Have not had any problem at all and I can vote here one more time that Vortex is much better than NMM in all respect. Never used MO, but I am very sure that Tannin created something better than his previous mod program. :geek: