missing screenshot upload way in bugs section of a mod published

Dreifels

in "Bugs" section of a published mod I miss a way to upload images/screenshots in addition to a bug found notification, as sometimes it is difficult or even impossible to explain a bug well w/o a screenshot of the mod in case. (here is a "attach files", same should be in bugs section)

Edited by Dreifels

Not directly, but if you upload it to the image shgare section you can provide a link.

no, not "not directly" but NO WAY

in "Add a new report about this mod" there is a simple text field only, (In opposite to "Forum"),

This makes is hard or impossible to post a correct and easy to understand bug report.

Hey Dreifels. We'll make note of what you're suggesting. Thank you.

In the meantime, though it's not very ideal or obvious, you can indeed include images in your bug reports as bbcode image tags are accepted there. So, if you include something like [ img ] example.address.jpg [ /img ] (remove the spaces in between the brackets) into your bug submission, the image should appear.

Hope this is helpful!

Hey Dreifels. We'll make note of what you're suggesting. Thank you.

In the meantime, though it's not very ideal or obvious, you can indeed include images in your bug reports as bbcode image tags are accepted there. So, if you include something like [ img ] example.address.jpg [ /url ] (remove the spaces in between the brackets) into your bug submission, the image should appear.

I'll test it, but I think this will cause some problems:

1) too big image if lower the size the informationin case no longer visible.

2) will overblow the debug thread

The optimal solution would be, if an uploaded image there is shown as mini only, but expandable. Then it does not break the debug thread but all information to see after expanding.

Edit:

] example.address.jpg [ /url means, as hotlink to an external file somewhere? (same as the buttom "image" is here? Link to external url only?)

This is not the solution. Requires an extra account somewhere to upload the image(s) first. Need to upload it from my PC directly. If I try it here I get "too big" always, even if it is a schmall jpg.

Edited by Dreifels

Thanks again for the suggestion.

There was a mistake in my post above which I edited (changed [ /url ] to [ /img ]).

If you wish to link an image to a larger copy, that may be technically possible by combining the [ img ] and [ url ] tags. Try this whenver convenient:

[ url=link.to.large.image.jpg ] [ img ] link.to.small.image.gif [ /img ] [ /url ]

(remember to remove the extra spaces)