Vortex keeps "updating" the same version and almost all mods appear in Downloads

CarrotOfWisdom

Everytime I open Vortex it says "Update Available" and when I close Vortex it just installs the "update". I can click "restart and install" but the next time I open Vortex, it'll say "Update Available" again. Also almost all of my mods appeared in Downloads tab after the last update. Last update REALLY broke my Vortex.

When you click on the top right menu (the vertical ...) and there "About", what version does it say you have installed?

Did you originally use the custom location installer or the recommended one? Or to rephrase that, do you have Vortex installed in c:\program files or somewhere else?

Under Settings, what are your settings for the "Install Path" (under Mods) and "Download Path" (under Download)

When you click on the top right menu (the vertical ...) and there "About", what version does it say you have installed?

Did you originally use the custom location installer or the recommended one? Or to rephrase that, do you have Vortex installed in c:\program files or somewhere else?

Under Settings, what are your settings for the "Install Path" (under Mods) and "Download Path" (under Download)

Version is 0.15.9. Install Path is "D:\Documents\Vortex\Skyrim Special Edition\Mods" and Download Path is "D:\Documents\Vortex\Skyrim Special Edition\Downloads" right now. I used custom installer because I can't install Vortex to my C drive for storage reasons. I also did the "Restart and Install" now it says 0.16.5 but when I exit Vortex then launch again 0.15.9 again.

Edited by CarrotOfWisdom

Read the installer description.

"Custom installer. This installer lets you pick the install location.

Please note: Use only if you know what you're doing. Automatic updates do not currently work with this version, please disable them in settings."

Thanks. I didn't see that when I downloaded the first time.