Hammerfell for skyrim!!!!

2234jones

Well, im fairly new to the creation kit and do not know how to do much :/ I have an idea, that adds hammerfell to skyrim... Tamriel rebuilt has many concepts that would be amazing :D i am a really good fan of redguards and im just wondering if anyone might like to make this :) i understand its a major load of work and why people wont :/ but it would be awesome to have a new landmass of desert places accompanied by tropical forests in parts to the north of hammerfell... There are plenty of maps on Tamriel rebuilt and many maps :) thanks :)

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/gallery_files/map_hf_names.jpg

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you do :)

good idea, but what place can be used to do this place?

And i think that it need a reason to go, that can be mision to fight to help stormcloacks or imperial, a diferent start or a very complicate place with the most difficult npc to play

• 1 month later...

I am very interested. In fact, over the last week I have been compiling all the lore, art, concepts, and ideas that have surrounded Hammerfell in previous games/mods. They have left us with a lot of work to go off of and should make much of the process easier. I too don't have much modding experience but we should start somewhere, especially with something we are really interested in. As for how to start it off, the idea I like best is as a continuation of "In My Time of Need" the quest with Alik'r warriors looking for a Redguard woman in Whiterun. By the end whether you help her or them, you could be given, in addition to the reward, a letter/something that leads you to a group of Redguard in western Skyrim where you travel with them to Dragonstar. However you get there, I think beginning with Dragonstar would be best. It is near Skyrim, and the last mention of it in history had the west side of the city under Redguard control and the east side under Nord control. It may have been hundreds of years in the past, but it is an interesting concept and there is nothing to say that the situation has changed. So what do you say? Still interested? If we build it, they will come.

tl;dr

Sounds awesome, let's start with Dragonstar, who else is in?

That map looks mint! Reminds me very much of 'Heroes of Might and Magic III.'

Will some modder or team of modders make this BEFORE Bethesda, like "Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina" was?

If this former Imperial province, now independant kingdom, is made in a similarly huge way, I'm guessing it would be after the Thalmor invasion and following holocaust. That would be interesting, as most of the southern lands, cities and towns would be in various states of devastation, disrepair, or repair. Perhaps the player would help these betrayed, abandoned and shattered people through a good series of quests, and side missions.

I will definately encourage this idea!

Cheers and regards, AmadanBezerk

Edited by AmadanBezerk

Edit:

There is now a Hammerfell team associated with Beyond Skyrim hosted on Dark Creations.

Arturas, we'll need help with almost everything. Thankfully some of the grunt work has been done.

1. Beyond Skyrim just finished an entire Tamriel worldspace heightmap. There were problems incorporating Skyrim so you'll have to load to get into Skyrim, but the rest of Tamriel will be one worldspace. This will ensure that each team's work is compatible with every other team's.

2. Most involved have taken part in large-scale mods before.

As for how we can accomplish it when we are all in different places, that is the most important issue. It will be a hobby, and no one will hold you accountable. It comes down to passion to making it happen and pride in work. That said, I am working on forming a way to divide the work. At first dividing it into regions probably won't work. Instead we should focus on resources.

It'll come down to the World, Lore, Art, and Quests/Scripting.

Within each of these we can develop new textures, meshes, etc. We can't just use Skyrim resources since they have the look and feel of Nord culture, not a Hammerfell desert.

For those interested in joining the team to create Hammerfell, head here and voice your interest

Edited by ubergrover

• 1 year later...