Enderal: Two years later, new DLC, and more

BigBizkit

If a Skyrim SE version is ever released, I may give it a try. My two biggest gripes with Enderal were the overwriting of Skyrim files & the severe limitations of a 32 bit engine. Now that Enderal will be in a separate directory, that solves one of my biggest gripes. Hopefully a Skyrim SE version will be made at some point. No more Oldrim & its beyond broken 32 bit engine/memory bottlenecks for me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #65047821.

ff7legend wrote: If a Skyrim SE version is ever released, I may give it a try. My two biggest gripes with Enderal were the overwriting of Skyrim files & the severe limitations of a 32 bit engine. Now that Enderal will be in a separate directory, that solves one of my biggest gripes. Hopefully a Skyrim SE version will be made at some point. No more Oldrim & its beyond broken 32 bit engine/memory bottlenecks for me.

Enderal has never overwritten Skyrim per se. It created a backup of your entire mod installation / data folder and the launcher allowed you to switch between your Enderal and your Skyrim setup. Barring hard disk space concerns, or waiting times, you could switch back and forth quite easily.

I have done it in the past and my ~250 mod installation remained unscathed.

In response to post #65047821. #65048711 is also a reply to the same post.

ff7legend wrote: If a Skyrim SE version is ever released, I may give it a try. My two biggest gripes with Enderal were the overwriting of Skyrim files & the severe limitations of a 32 bit engine. Now that Enderal will be in a separate directory, that solves one of my biggest gripes. Hopefully a Skyrim SE version will be made at some point. No more Oldrim & its beyond broken 32 bit engine/memory bottlenecks for me.
BigBizkit wrote: Enderal has never overwritten Skyrim per se. It created a backup of your entire mod installation / data folder and the launcher allowed you to switch between your Enderal and your Skyrim setup. Barring hard disk space concerns, or waiting times, you could switch back and forth quite easily.

I have had no problems with stability playing Enderal, and my rig is pretty shitty. Give it a try i would say

In response to post #65040306. #65043266, #65045306 are all replies on the same post.

JustAnotherRandomDovahkiin wrote: Only got to try a bit of it on Oldrim, still holding out hope for an SE version!
demonkiller24 wrote: ITS SKYRIM NOT OLDRIM
nappilydeestructio wrote: Well since SE has come out some people usually call it Oldrim. I thought it was just for giggles, but yea.

Most SE users I've seen call it Oldrim

In response to post #65047821. #65048711, #65049131 are all replies on the same post.

BigBizkit wrote: Enderal has never overwritten Skyrim per se. It created a backup of your entire mod installation / data folder and the launcher allowed you to switch between your Enderal and your Skyrim setup. Barring hard disk space concerns, or waiting times, you could switch back and forth quite easily.

FakeXR wrote: I have had no problems with stability playing Enderal, and my rig is pretty shitty. Give it a try i would say

@BigBizkit: Thanks for the clarification. I'll wait for a Skyrim SE version to be released. No more broken 32 bit engines for me. 64 bit is the future & Skyrim SE is the way forward.

In response to post #65047821. #65048711, #65049131, #65057191 are all replies on the same post.

FakeXR wrote: I have had no problems with stability playing Enderal, and my rig is pretty shitty. Give it a try i would say
ff7legend wrote: @BigBizkit: Thanks for the clarification. I'll wait for a Skyrim SE version to be released. No more broken 32 bit engines for me. 64 bit is the future & Skyrim SE is the way forward.

I agree, going from 32bit to 64bit, is like going from 30fps to 60.