Skyrim Standard Edition Save Compatibility Question

DrDeadman

Hey all, just had a quick question. I didn't realize until very recently that SE is compatible with "non modified Skyrim" save files, and all you have to do is dump the saves into the SE edition save folder. I have, however, subbed to a few mods on Steam's workshop for the game. I was wondering, would the save file be incompatible then, even if the mods I've installed are relatively unobtrusive? If so, would I be able to unsub from said mods, remove anything else that wasn't off the workshop, reload, resave a fresh save file, and then import the save file?

Don't want to spend the money on SE if there are likely to be insurmountable issues for my current save.

Included are a list of my subbed mods, if relevant to this question:

I have no idea who told you that but you were misinformed.

While this is possible under certain conditions for all intents and purposes it is not possible for the average player.

If you want to keep playing with your current save in oldrim do not try to export that save to SSE, you will not be able to.

Especially with scripted mods and mods that depend on SKSE.

If the save from LE has mods attached, you can't use it on SSE even if you install the SSE versions of those same mods.

The process you describe is what used to be known as a "clean save" but no such thing exists in Skyrim or Fallout 4.

It's actually not though because there will be issues caused by the missing mods as well as certain anomalies like screen resolution getting stuck at a lower value than your monitor actually supports. Playing a corrupt save is never worth trying.

Which you would not need to be using had you not tried to port an LE save into SSE to start with. :P