Trying to make part of the Armor invisible, by deleting texture, makes said part just white ingame

DrakKnight90

Hey,

when I'm trying to make one part of an armour invisible, by deleting in Photoshop said part of the texture, it just turns white ingame. Let's say i want to remove horns on an armour. What I do is open the textures (usually there are 3 textures, I think the actual colour texture, one for light and shadows and one that looks very simplistic and unicoloured<- not sure about that one). Anyway... I remove the lock from the layer and delete everything I don't want with the eraser tool, for all 3 textures, which leaves me with the tiles representing "nothing" in Photoshop. Then i save them like I usually do as dds file, using intels dds work plug-in. When I load ingame the horns are still there, but white (colourless). I thin the game runs on the Unreal Engine.

Am I doing something wrong or is it simply not possible like that?

In this thread you did not mention which game you were trying to mod. However, in another thread, where you posted in the game forum, I see that it is not a Bethesda game. I have no idea how the mesh is packed in Dragon Quest.

• 2 weeks later...