Game doesn't launch (using frosty mod manager)

Lancelot34

Using an older Version of Origin doesn't work for me either. My Origin just keeps telling me to install an important new Update and won't run any Games until I update my Origins.... God I HATE Origins.

I got it to work now, you just need to find an origin installer with the pervious version, but look out for the file size. If you download the exe with the file size of around 60mb (less than 100mb) it will install and download the latest version for you, but if can get the installer with the file size around 200mb it will install the particular version for you. i got mine through uptodown, i use the 10.5.82 version.

Thank you!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well an update here. I can't continue playing on my save because without updating origin the deluxe edition DLC doesn't load. Thanks again EA, ugh. Hopefully FMM gets updated to solve this issue.

I might have had a similar problem and found a way around it by chance. I have the GOTY version including the Deluxe content and although the game loaded via FMM after installing an older Origin version, it was brutally lagging. When I restartet my computer later and tried to lauch DAI via FMM again, I was prompted to either install the latest Origin update or to use the offline mode, and when I chose that option, everyhing was working normally again (incl. the respective mods). So maybe playing in the offline mode might help you with your problem, too? I'm new to game modding, so I'm not sure whether my thoughts make sense...

I have the game through steam, but of course it has to have origin to run anyway. Using an older version of origin + playing offline worked perfectly, thanks for the help guys, gals, and non-binary pals!

I did it all and it didn't work ...

do i have to activate offline from steam or origin?

Edited by PROJETOooO

I have the game through steam, but of course it has to have origin to run anyway. Using an older version of origin + playing offline worked perfectly, thanks for the help guys, gals, and non-binary pals!

I did it all and it didn't work ...

do i have to activate offline from steam or origin?

From Origin, Steam shouldn't matter! ;)

I couldnt figure out how to compose a new thread forgive me if this may be the wrong place. Everytime i open frosty it opens origins instead but only when mods applied. Game runs fine without mods. Ive tried one by one and all together and get the following error

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Ive set origin, battlefront 2exe, and frosty to administrator cant find any solutions anywhere. Deleting Modfolder does not fix either. I have version v1.0.5.9 for frosty as well.

Edited by TylerBDH

I can confirm that the newest update of Origins broke Frosty Mod Manager. Been trying to figure that out for weeks.

Going back to Origin 10.5.82 does allow you to launch your game again. However, you cannot play any game online if you stay on an outdated Origin.

In my case, I cannot play Star wars Battlefront II online until I update. I really loathe Origin. Especially since I bought this game on Steam and still forced to use it.

Edited by Badsha

Use origin 10.5.82, first time install, you can go online. 2nd time ,to avoid Origin forcing you to update and go offline if refuse, start origin offline or disable internet 1st, after get it to start , enable internet and in origin, go online. You will need to re-login but origin won't ask you to update but you will be online in origin enabling access to any dlc content for the game.