Game doesn't launch (using frosty mod manager)

Lancelot34

Found an unpleasant, but seemingly effective workaround. If you delete the "ModData" folder every time you alter your modlist, Frost MM will regenerate the folder when you next try to launch through it. Then everything works as it should.

Apparently, the ModData folder wasn't deleted when I uninstalled DAI, which I probably should have realized.

hey! i just want to say, how grateful i am to you :3 thanks to your comment i realized, what was wrong with my FM! now it's finally working... joy of joys :laugh: thanks mate, you were really helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm compleatly new to modding but it looks like this is an old problem?

My FMM is V1.0.5.9 I downloaded the war table no waiting mod for frosty , unpacked it to my mods folder I made all the other stuff hit launch origins opened then sat and proceeded to watch the loading stuck on a bee's privates of percentage for around 30 minutes then realized it wasn't going to work.

I have tried several other small mods and all did the same. I've been in various google search's trying to find fixes and work arounds but as I mentioned earlier I'm a noob and understand none of this I was today years old when i discovered modding was nothing like the build in MMs on fallout and skyrim I'm still learning about unpacking files ext . Its such a mess ( me, me is its lol) dose any one have the time and extreme patients to mother me through this please?

oh yes i forgot i am running both the game and MM with admin permissions and my game is in D while the MM is in C if that makes a difference at all?

Thanks so much for giving me some time even if you just battled through reading it lol.

Have a blessed day

• 2 weeks later...

Frosty not working for me either, only got 3 mods in frosty and it sits stuck at 'applying mods' which never completes once I hit launch. Using 1.0.5.1, they're activated in the right pane so no clue what it's doing. Tried deleting the mod data file and that was no help. It's a real shame MO2 doesn't work for this game.

THANK YOU. This was 100% my problem. I had figured this out at one point but then forgot and wanted to organize my DAI folder better, and gave myself this problem. Phew!

I have the same problem of frosty stuck forever on applying mods. If there are no mods to be installed on frosty it will launch the game, but if I try to install any mods, it will not. Both frosty and game exe have admin rights, tried with origin off and on etc. I also tried removing the ModData folder but it made no difference. If someone has a proper fix for this I'd be grateful.

Edit: I ended up uninstalling the game, deleting the whole game folder, reinstalling and then trying to add mods with Frosty and now it works. It seems that there was still something in the game folder aside from the ModData folder from the previous use of daimods that was messing it up.

Edited by Krautertee

• 2 months later...

I am having the exact same issue where it wonât work for me. It will load for awhile and Iâll get the black screen with the green Inquisition symbol bottom right flashing, then... poof, window gone and Inquisition gone.

I have:

- set everything as administrator (game, origin client, Frosty...)

- gave everything exceptions in my anti-virus

- delete the mod data folder every time

- changed the patch folder name so it uses the one compiled by daimod

- I have no conflicting mods

- all my daimod files are in one folder, and my frosty file mods in another, and the .archive files are in the frosty folder (are they supposed to be there..?)

- I have copied Frosty and its files from the Frosty installation into the DAI executable folder as indicated to do (where the inquisition.exe is)

- I have .NET installed (a later version than the one in prereqs), and I installed the 2017 version of Visual Basics C++

- as a last ditch effort, I tried the good olâ reboot

- all the daimod only mods seem to work fine, because the game had launched well then. I canât fully actually test them yet because they alter Alistair and Iâm past that point

Iâm honestly at a lost of what else to try.

Edited by LithIthilwa

• 2 weeks later...
Yup. Windows 10 v2004 breaks it all again...
Game process exists, but not active (no window).
Recent updates:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4552925 Update KB4552925 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 6/3/2020

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4537759 Security Update KB4537759 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 6/3/2020
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4557968 Security Update KB4557968 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 6/3/2020
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=4556803 Update KB4556803 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 6/2/202

Edited by SnakeFizer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...