Game doesn't launch (using frosty mod manager)

Lancelot34

This did not work for me either. Downgraded Origin to 10.5.82, once started it shows no game library, just screen that something was not right. Starting game from FMM restarted Origin (now I can see library), but I am unable to run ANY games from it. Upgrading Origin of course does not fix FMM issue and at the moment I am unable to start game through FMM even without any mods.

Is there any other way to start game with mods after you install them through FMM?

Any other solution?

Thanks you all!

EDIT: Tried one more time, downgraded Origin to 10.5.82 and it does not allow user id / password validation due to Offline Client. This is really frustrating. :(

Only hope is that FMM updates DLLs.

Edited by SuperFrogFX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, i have spent the last two days trying to figure out wtf happened with my inquisition game, so i ended up formatting my pc (it was long overdue) so i had to download origin over again, so i come to find out its an old version of origin i need :(

i knew something was wrong, something had changed. i knew it hadnt been me, i have been using mods for years!! argh!! i hate origin so much!!!!!

Actually i am currently playing DAI with frosty 10.5.82. It is a bit of troubleshooting and is annoying as hell since you need to login to origin EVERYTIME the client closes. Just to make sure make it launches, launch it borderless so you know that the client loads or not

So glad I found this thread, thought I was losing my mind trying to figure this out. I'm new to modding/PC gaming in general, and I had downloaded FMM about a month ago to see if I could figure it out for DAI, but then I never started playing because I was finishing the other DA games for my playthrough... Thought I had just totally hallucinated figuring FMM out before.

Good to know I'm not alone here. But can anyone tell me exactly where to download the old version of Origin to try that fix? Explain it to me like I'm 5... I've read this whole thread but don't entirely understand that part

EDIT: I see the link a couple of pages back now...wish me luck!

EDIT again: IT WORKED thank you all so much, god I hate Origin so much

Edited by khelemer

I'm running Frosty v10.0.5.9 and it launches DAI (and Mass Effect - Andromeda) without a problem. :thumbsup:

But using Frosty it does seem to take a much longer time to Load, or Exit, things in DAI, e.g. the game itself, a previous save, or a new area. Not sure why this might be, it isn't the case with MEA. :unsure:

I'm running Frosty v10.0.5.9 and it launches DAI (and Mass Effect - Andromeda) without a problem. :thumbsup:

Which version of Origin do you have installed? I had to do the whole work around by downloading the old version of Origin (.82 as opposed to .84) yesterday, and it worked, only to find that tonight it has at some point updated itself back to the new version, even though I specifically turned off autoupdates so now i don't know what to do. Even when I've uninstalled Origin and reinstalled the old version again it's not working now...

Edited by khelemer

For anyone having to roll back to previous Origin, try this method first especially if the Origin client updated itself: https://www.reddit.com/r/MassEffectAndromeda/comments/iu7ydr/steamfrosty_mod_manager_not_launching_fix/
This fix has worked across a lot of Origin games and also worked for Origin versions of the games not just steam bought Origin games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

k so I've got the launch script set to my mm executable location in advanced options on origin, run FMM in admin, but every time I try to launch the game through the mm the window pops up and then immediately crashes. I've tried repairing and checking the game for updates, and I'm really not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Edited by ward3nc0mmand3r