Running Off Ledges - Whiteout (144 FPS Linked?)

L3ahkim

Good evening all. :happy:

I've encountered a bit of a weird glitch whilst playing FO4 which I will try and explain as best I can. When running off ledges, walls, or any raised objects my screen will glow ultra white and the falling speed of my character reduces significantly. I am able to access the menu screen (in a very slow fashion) in order to quit and restart the game. I have also found that If I hit [TAB] and open my pip boy, everything returns to normal in game, except there is no more audio, (until I restart the game of course).

I had a look online and it seems linked to my in game FPS; which holds generally around 144. To note I am also using a 144Hz monitor. I have gone into my Nvidia application settings creating a profile for FO4 and managed to cap the frames to 60 FPS in game. I then tested the same scenario with no problems occurring. However found game play to be quite choppy.

I was wondering if there were any known "mod-made" patches that have fixed this issue? Or does anyone know a way around this glitch where I could continue to run FO4 at 144 fps?

Oh! One last thing, If I actually initiate a jump off the ledge or object no problems occur either! It's only when I simply run off it without any input. :mellow:

Really appreciate any advice or help with fixing this.

Kind regards,

The glitches occur when going over 60fps. The game's engine can't handle higher framrates and goes bonkers when fps is too high... The choppyness is inherent to the game and is seemingly something we have to live with.

Heya Jimmy,

Thanks for the quick response. :laugh:

Understood dude, I will make the best of it in that case. It's too enjoyable to stop all-together. :cool:

The glitches occur when going over 60fps. The game's engine can't handle higher framrates and goes bonkers when fps is too high... The choppyness is inherent to the game and is seemingly something we have to live with.

Heya Jimmy,

Thanks for the quick response. :laugh:

Understood dude, I will make the best of it in that case. It's too enjoyable to stop all-together. :cool:

Cheers matey. There's a mod that does something about stuttering, though. ENBoost. Have a look :wink: It's primarily a tool to fool the game into thinking that System RAM is V-RAM for people with videocards that have low RAM amount, but it seems to also help with choppyness. Been using it since times immemorial when FO4 used to gobble RAM like mad (spikes of up to and over 10GB) and my GPU had only 3GB...

Cheers matey. There's a mod that does something about stuttering, though. ENBoost. Have a look :wink: It's premarily a tool to fool the game into thinking that System RAM is V-RAM for people with videocards that have low RAM amount, but it seems to also help with choppyness. Been using it since times immemorial when FO4 used to gobble RAM like mad (spikes of up to and over 10GB) and my GPU had only 3GB...

Ahh! Fantastic stuff, this could really help man! :laugh: Appreciate the heads up and pointer. I will take a look and get it set up.

I've been running the game capped at 100fps + the mod "Fallout 4 works" (just search it with google) with no issues whatsoever.

Buttery smooth without speed-ups or any other glitches.

Heya Hulkhod3n!

I've never come across that before actually, great shout! :happy: Going to have a solid FO4 session tonight so I will definitely have a search for it as well. Thanks very much dude.