Vortex is terrible...

ALL14

I just received a whole new buffy computer and wanted to play again to some Fallout 4 loaded with mods everywhere....At first Vortex is great for downloading them like NMM was.......What the actual f*#@ is this terrible UI with panel everywhere and the notification tab always poping up and hiding half the windows...

Why did you abandonned NMM for this terrible app ? NMM was simple and easy to use , I can't even understand how you set the work order and can't even launch a game because of one conflict between two textures...I hate your soft and won't be using it again , in fact you even taken away my will to play Fallout 4 again.

Let us use NMM again at least , it has no issue.

I just received a whole new buffy computer and wanted to play again to some Fallout 4 loaded with mods everywhere....At first Vortex is great for downloading them like NMM was.......What the actual f*** is this terrible UI with panel everywhere and the notification tab always poping up and hiding half the windows...

Why did you abandonned NMM for this terrible app ? NMM was simple and easy to use , I can't even understand how you set the work order and can't even launch a game because of one conflict between two textures...I hate your soft and won't be using it again , in fact you even taken away my will to play Fallout 4 again.

Let us use NMM again at least , it has no issue.

There's abundant help for using Vortex to be found in this forum and in the Vortex Knowledge Base. However, since you see no redeeming value in Vortex, I suggest that you return to NMM. Here's the link: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases.

As for NMM having no issues, you may want to click on this link: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/issues.

I just received a whole new buffy computer and wanted to play again to some Fallout 4 loaded with mods everywhere....At first Vortex is great for downloading them like NMM was.......What the actual f*** is this terrible UI with panel everywhere and the notification tab always poping up and hiding half the windows...

Let us use NMM again at least , it has no issue

Lost all will to mod? This is your own fault for not even taking a few minutes time to familiarize yourself with a new program. Or for that matter, at least look into the state of Nexus Mod Manager.

NMM is still being supported, it's STILL available for download on Nexus. You can get it from Github. "NMM" in Google has the Github link (which is still being supported) as the third link. OR! Click "Install Vortex" and SCROLL DOWN. In the time it took you to make this post, you could have done some actual research and realized that "I CAN get NMM still!" Or better yet, used that time to actually look at the help center and familiarize yourself with the program before decreeing it was unworthy of your time, and how you lost all will to mod.

Christ have mercy.

Edited by somerandomsheepthathops

I have to disagree. Been using mods forever and manual was brain damage. It literally gets impossible to track and bug fix conflicts real quick. Then NMM turned up. Ok, it needed to be logged in, which I somewhat resented on principle but I actually trust the Nexus more than almost any other site on the internet, so I never thought it was being intrusive. It was a real value add and raised the practical limit for the number of installed mods. Vortex is possibly not as simple to use as its makers think it is. I do worry that first time, new modders might be overwhlemed or put off by it because they do not understand the advantages. However, for me it has again raised the balance point whereby the number of mods installed is increased. Because the number of confclits are balanced on the other side by the time taken to manage the conflicts. Dont get me wrong, it isnt perfect but it is a really good tool. Would I use it for say 1-40 mods well yes, because I know how to use it. But you could probably use NMM just as well. However, what it does a really good job of, is raising the number of installed mods you can have without getting complete braindamage in terms of trying to spend a lot of time resolving conflicts.

You will get conflicts but you get far better information about where they are and why things are going wrong. With Skyrim SE, my biggest issues these days are Skyrim SE. The mods are almost incidental and far easier to resolve. Contrast that with Oblivion and Skyrim years ago, I could spend a whole night until the early hours tracking down and resolving issues when I had a lot of mods installed. Have a lot installed and everything is working perfectly. Actually having a better experience than I used to.

Had some problems with Skyrim SE for a variety of reasons but they are SE problems not Vortex. Issues with monitor being fast and Gsynch resolution etc.

Ok, reading a few of the posts here (and in other threads) it is clear that there is a group of fanbois (ardent defenders of Vortex who accuse non Vortex fans of being stupid or to simply "go back to NMM if you are so mad"). I switched over to Vortex from NMM and as one who has helped people understand how to use LOOT and F4Edit tools to resolve conflicts, the issues resolved by using Vortex seems to favor the new users. Much like Apple changed Operating Systems with windows and now.......we have our choice of Apple windows or Microsoft windows (rather than DOS). Yes, i am aware that LINUX/UNIX are still out there and no, I never liked programming in FORTRAN && so why in hell would I like LINUX??

But I digress......

In the end, it won't matter what ever way we use to justify using NMM or MO or Vortex. All that matters is that Nexus is going this direction. What is particularly vexing to me is that I need to go to the help pages because, unlike NMM, who was manual and forced me to do alot of things myself, making it easy to trouble shoot. Now instead of playing FO4, I have to figure out a way to import everything without having it move everything ot my SSD....sigh.....not a Vortex problem, but an issue with programmers trying to "help" people by making it easy.

Let us use NMM again at least , it has no issue

Lost all will to mod? This is your own fault for not even taking a few minutes time to familiarize yourself with a new program. Or for that matter, at least look into the state of Nexus Mod Manager.

NMM is still being supported, it's STILL available for download on Nexus. You can get it from Github. "NMM" in Google has the Github link (which is still being supported) as the third link. OR! Click "Install Vortex" and SCROLL DOWN. In the time it took you to make this post, you could have done some actual research and realized that "I CAN get NMM still!" Or better yet, used that time to actually look at the help center and familiarize yourself with the program before decreeing it was unworthy of your time, and how you lost all will to mod.

Christ have mercy.

Didnt they announce theyd be ending support for NMM once Vortex was more polished?

Im kinda on board the Vortex hate train. I tried it out. I gave it a fair run. Hated it. Saw how the fans of Vortex act. Hated it even more. Im sorry, but i used NMM for more than 2 years. Its more user and modder friendly because you can use it outright. Vortex, you have to set up separate folders and wait a few days for your issue about mods not being deployed to be solved. The how to videos are a joke and insult to people seeking help mainly because it addresses issues that are solved via following the programs built in guides.

• 2 weeks later...

Vortex deleted all the mods i spent days to install... never using it again.

Most often user error is the reason for so-called "deleted mods" when using Vortex. Either the user has placed the mod staging folder on the wrong drive partition, and/or failed to deploy after installation, and/or selected an incorrect deployment mode, and/or . . . etc. The result is that Vortex cannot find the mods. However, the mods were never deleted. They are still there and will "undelete" when the user error is corrected. This is why it's so important to do a bit of study before investing considerable time and effort into downloading and installing mods with Vortex.

I've used Vortex for eleven months, and it has never deleted any of my mods.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

Guest deleted34304850

Vortex deleted all the mods i spent days to install... never using it again.

no it didn't. why are you lying?