Game not starting after modding it.

AureliusOfRome

I'm running 583 mods as I write and it took me from November 2011 to get where I am now, with lots of crashes, re-installing, cursing, re-re-installing, dancing naked around the kitchen table (don't ask), re-installing again and tons of sleepless nights. What I mean is that you need to mod a game gently. Use a few mods and start the game and if all's A-okay, add a few more and so on and so forth. Install a truckload in one go and you never know which mod(s) cause(s) conflicts or crashes.

And when using mods that depend on the script extender you don't use the regular launcher but solely the skse64loader.exe. Using skse dependent mods and starting the game with the vanilla launcher will sometimes work, but half your mods won't or the game will crash before you even get the initial black screen.

Jim's comment deserves saying again and again until people get it

What I mean is that you need to mod a game gently. Use a few mods and start the game and if all's A-okay, add a few more and so on and so forth. Install a truckload in one go and you never know which mod(s) cause(s) conflicts or crashes.