Suggestions for a Type 3 or 6 body for Conversion to BodySlide

Fkemman11

Fallout2am and I have decided to bring BodySlide64 to FNV for one of the Type 3 or 6 bodies. I made a half-assed conversion of Type 3 some time ago, but since then it has become apparent that it would be better to convert one of the many bodies already rigged and textured for the game with much greater care and precision for improved body, clothing and armor shape results. Now, it would be better to hear what everyone's fave body is with a few stipulations; One) The author must be reachable for asking permissions to use their body/textures. Two) It would be better for us if the body already had vanilla and dlc compatibility by conversion, but not absolutely necessary.

Now, if you don't know what BodySlide is or does, then let me explain. It is a program that lets you shape the games female (or male) body however you like through the use of sliders. In addition to the vanilla conversions that we want to make, you can do your own conversions in BS's Outfit Studio- an amazing program all the way around for shaping models and additional functions. The body we decide to use is what all our conversions will be based on. So choose carefully. I would list several bodies to choose from, but I don't know what most people use or like anymore. I use a custom BnB body myself with custom textures.

So, what is your favorite body for FNV? Or FO3 for that matter because they are interchangeable and some of us play TTW (I do)?

I believe Type 3 has all the Vanilla and DLC clothing armors converted and most if not all of them BNB weighted. Type 6 lacks around a dozen or so. IIRC it's just the metal armors, and some of the various wasteland non armor clothing missing. I converted all or most of the missing ones from Type 3 using the clothing convertor for personal use. I also have some other Type 6 conversions for vanilla NCR and Legion armors that aren't on the nexus, but I can't recall where I got them from at this point.

I have no idea which Mod Author is reachable for either of those bodies/conversions. I believe the Type 6 mod author Izumiko has granted permissions listed on the original body and I assume all his conversions (my understanding of their written permissions be that they are not a native English speaker) I have no clue about the original Type 3 mod author. The conversions at least for FNV are made by other authors though MAK07 looks to be around. Revanag don't think so. I think Type 6 has F03 conversions or at least did last time bother with the Capital Wasteland.

I assume non vanilla & dlc mod added armors are not in discussion here for obvious reasons but still, so far as the base body goes I think type 3 is still the most heavily used (obviously as it came fist and has more mod armor support) but type 6 seems regarded better from what I seen (I am sure to be biased saying that though). The difference in dimension from 3 to 6 isn't too wild. All this not withstanding talking about the various different Type 3 & 6 versions from the base released mod bodies (Cali, Berry, Type3F, etc etc). The armors are mostly the same other than the Type3M they are quite different.

Edited by Guest

I don't use any of them, so I can't advise on a preference. (Though if I were it would probably be Type6/6M.) However, the mod "BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer" by BlackBlossom is the most popular by endorsements (2 to 1 over the next). The author is still active on Nexus, so should be reachable by a PM for permission which is required for "modifications" and "use of assets".

She credits: "*dimon99 for his work on DIMONIZED TYPE3 female body for Fallout 3 that inspired this version." This implies (at least to me) that her body is independent of, but compatible with, his. His permissions do not appear to allow for any of the various versions using his body (such as "DIMONIZED TYPE3 female body. FIXED"), so I have no idea how they are permitted. Dimon99 has not been active on Nexus since Jul 2017, though apparently he added a friend in Jan 2019 according to his profile.

-Dubious-

@Fkemman11 I'm pretty shocked at how fortuitous your post is since I was literally just thinking about making conversions for Type M6 body myself. It's my favorite body mod and after Wastely suddenly deleted all of his nice deskimpafied (I think that's how you spell it :confused: ) conversions I felt it was time for me to just do it myself and dive into the deep end of modding. However, I'm just a noob and completely inexperienced in something this complicated, so I welcome it if you want to make a body slide.

As far as permissions go, I've never tried to contact the author of T6M but it was last updated in 2012 here so you might be hard pressed to get a hold of them. There are already some conversions of vanilla and DLC outfits/armor found here and here but the DLC conversions stay more within continuity then the outfits from the other link, also the power armor in general looks pretty ridicules. If you could change anything please fix the under boob and side boob parts of these mods. It's miner I guess but still unrealistic.

That being said though, you should know that there are, at least, two outfit conversions that are actually better then their vanilla counterparts. The prostitute outfits found on here and the vanilla underwear conversion found here are pretty nice looking.

You might also have to look into making it compatible with Fallout NV Redesign since that mod is popular and some of the clothing assets in his mod seem original and only work with vanilla body. What comes to mind is the three people found swimming in a pool with bikini's on. To get around that you might have to make some from scratch yourself or just replace them with the ones from the TM6 underwear mod.

On a separate note, does anyone know what happened to Wastely and why he and his mods suddenly disappeared? I might be over exaggerating but it felt like he was here one day and gone the next.

Edited by Relenanator

I'm leaning towards Type 6M right now. It just has a beautiful shape and nice textures plus the clothing/armor for it looks very nice as well. I'll ask her and see what she thinks. Thanks for the responses guys.