How to make a Flame Atronach appear in one of my houses permanently?

justinrpg

Just out of curiosity, why is it if the aggression is 100, you mod it to -99? Why does the aggression need to be at 1 instead of 0? Seems to make more sense for it to be 0.

Also if one Flame Atronach's aggression is 100, will they all be 100 if I use the same base ID?

Edited by justinrpg

I don't know that leaving at 1 is really needed ... that's just how I do it.

I've managed to sort of nerf a couple of NPC's aggression when trying to use setav aggression 1 before using the console (probably setav aggression will only work properly via a script ... I'm no scripter so I can't say for certain). That is why I always getav aggression first and then use that as a gauge for the modav aggression.

Feel free to do your own testing though.

- Edit - And yes they should be the same, though I will always still getav/modav as I don't want any more NPCs with messed up aggression values right from the moment they are spawned from the levelled list ... it takes like 1.5 seconds so why not?

Edited by Striker879

Will setting the spawn time at high value like this cause problems with other things? I was reading the document that was with the SPAWN mod and it said something about harvesting at your own location, setting it at a high value will not greatly increase the duration of which I can harvest plants, will it?

Yes, OBSE is working. Steel horse with mouse works and that uses OBSE. The mod is definitely loaded into the data files as well. I clicked the bed on the top floor of Rosethorn Manor to spawn a Flame Atronach.

Edit: I tried a second time by sleeping for four days at another place and sure enough, the Flame Atronach is GONE from Rosethorn Manor! This mod is either fake or does NOT work for what I want to do! I need a REAL way to do this because you obviously linked me to a not working mod!

Edited by justinrpg

By Rosethorn Manor you are talking about the vanilla game player house in Skingrad, Rosethorn Hall ... right?

If that is the case then OBSE isn't working or you did not install SPAWN correctly. It does work ... I use it myself and have many cells set to the number of days I outlined.

Using a mod isn't a very reliable way of determining whether or not OBSE is working. Part of the mod may not rely on OBSE and work fine, while parts that do need OBSE don't work but you don't realise it. When you save, how many saves are created each time you save ... one or two (e.g just MySave09.ess or MySave09.ess and MySave09.obse).

Other than that I can't help you. SPAWN is about as basic as you can get to install ... put SPAWN.esp and SPAWN.ini in your Data folder and activate SPAWN.esp ... that's it other than tweaking SPAWN.ini to suit your purposes.

And that is what I did. I put spawn.esp and spawn.ini in my data folder. I verified that it is active in Oblivion's data files.

The horse mod does not work if I do not open Oblivion through the extender but does when I do. That tells me that OBSE is working

I set all the player owned variables to 6480 and the Set zzSpawnVarsQ.sPlayerOwnedPVIncrement to 0.

And yes, I am talking about the one in Skingrad.

I even tried enabling Set zzSpawnVarsQ.sDebug to 1 and it logs a bunch of resets in the console after a few days, I did not see Rosethorn but there were too many of them and I cannot scroll up and it doesn't log the console.

I do see two of each save, an .obse and a .ess

Edited by justinrpg

Try the console command setcellownership SkingradHouseforSaleUpperFloor and hit Enter. I can't remember if I had trouble with Rosethorn or not, but like I said it's not uncommon to find that player houses aren't marked as player owned, especially mod added ones.