Silus Vesuius,you killed him?

Dovahkiin069

262 members have voted

1. 1. Did you killed Silus Vesuius or let him alive?

• I let him alive,he is not evil like his family.
    • I killed him,his family caused the Oblivion Crisis.
    • Who's Silus Vesuius?

Silus was misguided, lost in his own awe of what his family had done.

So it was a complex choice:

Save a man's life and hope to save his soul, both of which he might lose later on in another venture like his attempt with the razor?

Or

Give up that man's chance, damn him for his efforts so far and take the prize, whether to use it as Dagon intended - or to keep it from everyone and make sure it does no harm.

So far - Silus has had very little chance of survival, but I leave the choice to the character. If they help people, they will try and save him. Otherwise he's very much a dead man walking. Especially with one of mine - they were there during the Oblivion invasion and doesn't want to risk it happening again.

Hard to use it as Dagon intended when the insta-kill chance is that low. To be fair, while I may save some passerby out to buy jewelry, I am not obligated to save someone whose ancestors got involved in the assassination of an emperor who is known to be overall nice. Granted, I am one who joins the vampires every time, but then again, the Vigilants of Stendarr seems to disapprove of freedom of religion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time through this quest, and my character thumbed her nose at Clavicus Vile to let the dog live, so why not see what Dagon can do about it.

It seemed like the less obvious choice, and sometimes being a contrarian can be fun and entertaining. Looting Dagon's shrine made it feel like the right choice. I haven't yet gone back to the museum to visit Silas, but plan to. Since no one has mentioned stealing the dagger, I assume that's not an option.

Oh, well.

I recently started another character who is not playing nice, so maybe next time Silas gets the ax.

• 2 weeks later...

I killed him(every playthrough so far anyway), for the exact same reason; that dagger is awesome. I mean, I'm already an assassin, anyway, but a dagger that can instantly kill someone is awesome.

Plus it looks cool. The dagger I mean, not his death. His death was messy, not a good kill in the least, and I always manage to end up with a couple daedra hearts and phat stacks of weregild, but no human hearts. This time around, though, his death WILL look cool with the Heartbreaker mod, and I WILL get that human heart I needed. I think. He isn't a Mer, is he? Either way, that awesome heart I rip out of his chest is going straight into a squeezer and I'm bottling it up and saving that blood for later.

• 4 weeks later...

I killed him, he just rubs me the wrong way. He is not trustworthy and he would almost certainly kill you if he was in your position.

I also like Mehrunes Razor.

• 3 years later...

I actually tend to kill Silus before the questline really starts (read: before he asks me to get the Razor).

The character I'm currently playing with is Sheogorath, more accurately the Hero of Kvatch post Shivering Isles. Let's just say she doesn't like anything that glorifies the Oblivion Crisis...

• 8 months later...