Did Skyrim SE just update? Cannot get SKSE 64 to work today.

Daelyn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just do that so you get the old version back

Open Run: WIN+R
Run Steam Console: steam://nav/console

In the Steam Console: download_depot 489830 489833 7531846925655934196

When the download has finished it will display a file location: \Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833
Replace the launcher found in \depot_48933 to your Skyrim SE directory.

OFFLINE MODE is one's best friend in these instances folks. It's the only sure way to keep Bethesda's "stealth updates" off your game until SKSE64/F4SE are properly updated. Even then, any/all SKSE64/F4SE-reliant mods will also need to be updated to reflect the new game runtime/SKSE64/F4SE runtimes. The latter can take weeks, especially if one uses multiple SKSE64/F4SE-reliant mods.

just do that so you get the old version back

Open Run: WIN+R

Run Steam Console: steam://nav/console

In the Steam Console: download_depot 489830 489833 7531846925655934196

When the download has finished it will display a file location: \Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833

Replace the launcher found in \depot_48933 to your Skyrim SE directory.

Thank you!

Actually, this is the first time ever that I've had this issue, and I've been playing Skyrim since the day it launched back in 2011. I was using Sky UI which required scripts in Oldrim, but I don't ever remember running into this problem. Just a few days ago I gathered all the old mods I used late 2017/early 2018, and restarted Skyrim SE again. This time I used Sky UI which required up to date scripts from SKSE SE.

But I had no idea it would run into this issue. I avoided using Sky UI because it said it was in an alpha state and to use at your own risk. Lots of mods were made to work around Sky UI, but it seems like everyone is going back to it these days. So yeah, now I'm stuck in this with many others who have to wait it out.

This time I turned off auto-updates to Skyrim SE unless I launch the game. I launch the game from Vortex through the SKSE SE launcher, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Edited by Daelyn