Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

How to use a "vanilla" mech mod?

ZenOfBelan

So I've been looking around and I've found 2 of my favorite mechs of all time, the Warhammer and MadCat IIC available as "vanilla" mods for BattleTech. I assume that "vanilla" means I don't have to run a complete mod system, which is what I am trying to avoid. That being said, I haven't been able to find anything that tells me now to install (and verify it's working) these "vanilla" mods. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Its simple, if you have modtek already installed, just drag the Mech data for example MadCatII into the "mod" folder,

thats all :)

If you want to check that it works, simply start a new game after you have altered the "SimGameConstrants" data and change the starting mech lance mechs to for example the MCII .

for example the mechdef of the Spider to the mechdef of the MadCat.

if it works, ... thats all.

Its simple, if you have modtek already installed, just drag the Mech data for example MadCatII into the "mod" folder,

thats all :smile:

Thank you for the reply!

My next question is where should the "mod" folder reside? I've searched my BATTLETECH install path (D:\Program Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH), but one did not exist. I tried placing the "mod" folder in the "...\BATTLETECH\" install directory, and also tried placing it in "...\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\" with no success.