vanilla mod mech warhammer madcat battletech

4 replies to this topic

ZenOfBelan

ZenOfBelan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So I've been looking around and I've found 2 of my favorite mechs of all time, the Warhammer and MadCat IIC available as "vanilla" mods for BattleTech.  I assume that "vanilla" means I don't have to run a complete mod system, which is what I am trying to avoid.  That being said, I haven't been able to find anything that tells me now to install (and verify it's working) these "vanilla" mods.  Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Hermatus

Hermatus

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Its simple, if you have modtek already installed, just drag the Mech data    for example MadCatII   into the "mod" folder,

thats all :)

If you want to check that it works, simply start a new game after you have altered the "SimGameConstrants" data and change the starting mech lance mechs to for example the MCII .

for example  the mechdef of the Spider  to the mechdef of the MadCat.

if it works, ... thats all.

ZenOfBelan

ZenOfBelan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Its simple, if you have modtek already installed, just drag the Mech data    for example MadCatII   into the "mod" folder,

thats all :smile:

Thank you for the reply! 

My next question is where should the "mod" folder reside?  I've searched my BATTLETECH install path (D:\Program Files\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH), but one did not exist.  I tried placing the "mod" folder in the "...\BATTLETECH\" install directory, and also tried placing it in "...\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\" with no success.

Dragon32

Dragon32

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
Steam\SteamApps\common\BATTLETECH\Mods

ZenOfBelan

ZenOfBelan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks a lot for the assistance, Dragon32 and Hermatus!  I'm up and running now, yay!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vanilla, mod, mech, warhammer, madcat, battletech

Page loaded in: 1.031 seconds