Vortex Overcomplicated

Neuri

Guest deleted34304850

neuri, i think you've stated your case, and all your doing now is embarassing yourself. i'm going to report this thread to the mods, to see if they will lock it because its nothing but a shitfest and serves no purpose.

neuri, i think you've stated your case, and all your doing now is embarassing yourself. i'm going to report this thread to the mods, to see if they will lock it because its nothing but a shitfest and serves no purpose.

Agreed 1ae0bfb8 .... it is very interesting and important to read all threads. I learn a lot from reading every single one of them, from technical information, Windows OS behavior, file structure, Vortex, NMM and human behavior as well.

This is better than being sit in a classroom back in the days when I was in High School. It does call my attention when people talk without knowing exactly what they are saying, demand without any right to do so or criticize when they have no knowledge at all about the product they are trying to deal with.

Now we have a-tittle-hanging-on-the-wall-talker criticizing this and that when all was down to a Mod Configuration which has nothing to do with how Vortex works. We come here to help people as HadToRegister tied in this thread and he was not welcome even though he explained everything possible answer in relation to the OP input.

If new players could dedicate only a couple of hours to watch some videos, search this forum for answers about how to install and setup Vortex and read the Knowledge Base, they would learn how Vortex works, how easy for the player is to use it and how strong is to managing load orders. We will continue dealing with very conceited people who believe that because they know this or that, or because they have a College degree, they are god and their words are final.

The great Socrates said : " I only know that I do not know anything " ..... this is a the attitude of a very humble person, willing to learn more every day regardless of what he/she knows already because simply, with an arrogant attitude, your mind will be clouded and you will be unable to learn.

Hey Guys,

I can't even work out how to disable vortex downloading mods even though I'm using the old NMM.

Sorry everyone, didn't read everything else that was posted, just going to reply to this point.

This has nothing to do with Vortex. Or Nexus. It's how Windows deals with non-http links. It doesn't matter whether you install Vortex after NMM, NMM after Vortex, NMM after MO or MO after NMM: Whatever application you last registered to deal with the Nexus download links is the one that handles them until another application takes over.

When Vortex "unregisters" itself for nxm links all that does is the links don't work at all.

The only way NMM can handle the download links is if NMM registers itself to do so, nothing we can do can change that.

Have also been playing TES series since daggerfall, however, never modded until Skyrim. I've tried NMM, MO2 and Vortex. Right now my daily driver is Vortex. I don't need the granularity that folks seem to get from MO2 and find the Vortex interface and conflict resolution method to be extremely user friendly and logical. Which is what I was after, a quick, easy to use mod manager. Figuring out majority of functions on my own as it was intuitive enough, I then watched some videos to get a bit more info. I really enjoy the mod cycle view to show where the cycles are and allow you to tweak them from within the same window. I love how FNIS runs on deployment, making it something I set once and forget.

I actually like the entire load order system for plugins. Anything that makes my life easier and has me more time within the game is a bonus. I have no problem letting LOOT do the sorting and then tweaking where needed.

Just showing the other side of the coin here. Some people really enjoy Vortex. I like it enough that I felt it was worth the cost of a lifetime membership instead of a short term premium membership to download the bulk of mods I wanted. Others don't feel that way and that's fine, use the mod manager that you like, its your computer, your game and your experience. These all to often rash and wild claims that Vortex is alienating all of the user base and everyone is going to leave is just simply not true. Spend some time trying to use it with a fresh mind instead of raging when it doesn't do what <insert other tool> does the same way <insert other tool> does it. That just puts you in a negative mindset, making each minor change more infuriating than the last.

Have also been playing TES series since daggerfall, however, never modded until Skyrim. I've tried NMM, MO2 and Vortex. Right now my daily driver is Vortex. I don't need the granularity that folks seem to get from MO2 and find the Vortex interface and conflict resolution method to be extremely user friendly and logical. Which is what I was after, a quick, easy to use mod manager. Figuring out majority of functions on my own as it was intuitive enough, I then watched some videos to get a bit more info. I really enjoy the mod cycle view to show where the cycles are and allow you to tweak them from within the same window. I love how FNIS runs on deployment, making it something I set once and forget.

I actually like the entire load order system for plugins. Anything that makes my life easier and has me more time within the game is a bonus. I have no problem letting LOOT do the sorting and then tweaking where needed.

Just showing the other side of the coin here. Some people really enjoy Vortex. I like it enough that I felt it was worth the cost of a lifetime membership instead of a short term premium membership to download the bulk of mods I wanted. Others don't feel that way and that's fine, use the mod manager that you like, its your computer, your game and your experience. These all to often rash and wild claims that Vortex is alienating all of the user base and everyone is going to leave is just simply not true. Spend some time trying to use it with a fresh mind instead of raging when it doesn't do what <insert other tool> does the same way <insert other tool> does it. That just puts you in a negative mindset, making each minor change more infuriating than the last.

Congratulations. You have done what you were supposed to and you succeeded with Vortex. If the rest would follow what you did, these forum will not be full of non-sense threads and even threads not related at all to Vortex.