[LE] How to edit a specific terrain area near Whiterun ? ( Beginner modder)

NinkuEx

I am very new to this. I just did a few basic tutorials to get me started.
Now I want to edit this specific terrain and all the objects there.

How can I edit this exact spot and objects in creation kit ?
How would I add navmesh to this area ?

T5HJ4Lo.jpg

Start here:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Getting_Started

After you have created yoru plugin and tried out the ck got to the exterior cell you want to edit and have a play around.

If your not sure where the exterior cell is then us this mod in game to find the coordinates:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38114

Do not delete items already there If you don't want them. Edit them to be disabled instead and then drag them below the ground out of the way. Then add your own items.

For the terrain if you need to change it just use the regular world space editor.

If after changing the terrain or adding objects you need to edit the navmesh there are ways to do it. First make a note of all the navmesh IDs in that cell. You do not want any of those to be deleted. This can happen by accident so check before any saves that those navmesh IDs are still there. The simplest changes are to simply drag individual vertices to new positions. You can also delete individual triangles in a navmesh if you need to go around an object like a tree. If you need extensive changes you could select all the triangles in the entire navmesh using flood fill option and then drag the entire navmesh way down below the ground and then make your own in it's place. If you mess up TES5EDit is the easiest way to get all or part of that cell including it's navmesh completely back to the vanilla state.

Start here:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Getting_Started

After you have created yoru plugin and tried out the ck got to the exterior cell you want to edit and have a play around.

If your not sure where the exterior cell is then us this mod in game to find the coordinates:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38114

Do not delete items already there If you don't want them. Edit them to be disabled instead and then drag them below the ground out of the way. Then add your own items.

For the terrain if you need to change it just use the regular world space editor.

If after changing the terrain or adding objects you need to edit the navmesh there are ways to do it. First make a note of all the navmesh IDs in that cell. You do not want any of those to be deleted. This can happen by accident so check before any saves that those navmesh IDs are still there. The simplest changes are to simply drag individual vertices to new positions. You can also delete individual triangles in a navmesh if you need to go around an object like a tree. If you need extensive changes you could select all the triangles in the entire navmesh using flood fill option and then drag the entire navmesh way down below the ground and then make your own in it's place. If you mess up TES5EDit is the easiest way to get all or part of that cell including it's navmesh completely back to the vanilla state.

Thanks for the reply.

I found the coordinates and cell.

Just trying to figure out how to work this and also remove the grass..

Well I made my mod to fit my purpose. Unfortunately, I dont know how to make it work with other peoples mods.
There is a mod that alters the grass..
I have removed the grass from the vanilla state.
But I dont know how to remove the grass from this mod that add grass all over the world.

I made this mod for the sole purpose of playing Tundra defense. Right now it looks like this. The navmesh isn't properly done but it works for now.

TKOYnqP.jpg