Dawn of a new age

Brutii

Viktor Van Hal, Van Hal Estate

Viktor sharpened his sword as he waited, his loyal men preparing for a strike on an known vampire hideout nearby. For Carmala. Viktor checked his bolts were fitted with silver heads and the grip of his silver sword was tight and secure. As he sharpened the blade his finger touched the metal and gave a painful hiss, with a quick jerk he ripped his hand away and the burn mark had vanished. He had known these Vampires, the leader Sofie Levessuer, a breton woman that at one time had been a huntress but succumbed to a bite she had received.

Kelak, a burly nord man that had dozens of scars and was missing his right eye burst in. "Milord, the men are ready, should I mobilize them?" He asked, his ex-legion armor painted black and decorated with various Nord battle paintings.

Viktor turned, his longcoat swaying as he walked. Viktor knew that this would be a rough fight but he had assurances his men would prevail. He stepped out with Kelak at his side and sniffed the air deeply, the sweet smell of the fresh night air was sweet to him, along with the blood red moon that shown overhead. Fifty men stood in perfect order in from of him, fifteen armed with powerful dual-shot crossbows and polished armor, the rest armed with shield and sword with heavily armored men wearing mail coats and kilts, bearing the tartan of Kelak's clan. These men were known as Kelak's Chosen, all able to swing the mighty claymore and as tough as a snow troll from the lands of Skyrim.

"As you all know of my curse, I am cursed to rid this world of the machinations of the evil necromancer, the bloodthirsty vampire and the savage werewolf. We Van Hal's have been on this crusade for hundreds of years, my father Lord Van Hal who gave each and every one of you a purpose was assassinated by one of our own. The witch Sofie Levessuer, she is a hunter like you all and she will know all your tricks but she is lacking in one crucial thing. She does not know the strength of our righteous cause set apon us by Talos himself. For the free people! For TALOS!" Cried Viktor as his men began cheering loudly to the speech, The Sergeants gave the call and they marched to war.

Kelak smiled and placed a hand on his friends shoulder. "Good speech my lord, shall I prepare your horse or would you prefer the alternate route?" He asked coyly as he checked his sword, sliding it in and out of its scabbard to make sure it was oiled properly.

Viktor smiled and called for his horse, with expert grace and agility he mounted the horse and spurred the animal. Taking off at a fast gallop to the lead the group. His men cheered as he passed, it wasn't long before they arrived at their target. Sofie must have known they would arrive that night since her ramparts were covered with skeletons wielding longbows and dressed in ragged and aged armor that they once wore in life and now in death. The occassional Vampire could be seen on the wall, a crossbowmen would take a shot and the bloodsucker would vanish.

"Kelak! Order the crossbowmen to setup on the hill, have them a hundred yards away from the wall. have the men-at-arms use the siege walls to advance behind while our crossbowmen give them cover." He said just after Kelak approached, a tent was erected quickly and the table laid out a battleplan. He knew Sofie had a number of necromancers in her service and he knew that to storm the castle now would just be suicide. He proposed that they hold their position and Viktor would enter the castle and kill the necromancers and Sofie, this would stop their resurrecting the dead guards.

"But milord this means you'll be alone in there, noone to protect you?" Kelak said with his heavily accented tone of concern.

Viktor chuckled and gave his ally a reassuring smile. "My old friend, you served my father well and I consider you my greatest friend and family but a few necromancers and walking corpses I can handle, just stay here and make sure these men stay alive."

A woman's voice came from inside Viktor's head. "Viktor Van Hal, the predator taht hunt's his own kind. You are my greatest agent on Mundus but you must destroy this coven, I know of your 'connection' to this Sophie but do not let your emotions lead you astray my champion." Spoke the voice of Meridia, the Daedra Prince had been a long supporter of the Van Hals since the Great Purge but for her gift she required one thing. The male heirs of the Van Hal's were stricken with the same curse they sought to eradicate, the curse of vampirism but with her own blend of irony viktor thought as the daedra's voice slipped into the dark recesses of his mind.

Kelak and his men went over battle stratagies just before the horn sounded, the castles portcullis ascended and three vampires stepped out, one was Sophie and she held a banner of truce.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic