Languages

Gwork

Hi! I found that map in the net.

1907995_10152067250102102_46689985814184

Then I wondered are the informations, about other languages true or not? Can anyone verify this? Share your opinion, might be interesting.

I'm from Pa and though there are enough people of Italian heritage to go around , I have never heard it spoken on the street or even at the Italian Market in all the decades I have lived here.

I traveled around the cities in Montana. English U. S. is the local language at the super market and malls. There are several colonies of Hutterian Brethren, Amish, and Mennonite. They speak their language among their groups, but even they speak English when at the check out counters and when speaking to store keepers about the wares,

I'm from Pa and though there are enough people of Italian heritage to go around , I have never heard it spoken on the street or even at the Italian Market in all the decades I have lived here.

Interesting sounds like the informations about PA is right. I think there should be more Chinese on the map. Maybe in CA too?

I traveled around the cities in Montana. English U. S. is the local language at the super market and malls. There are several colonies of Hutterian Brethren, Amish, and Mennonite. They speak their language among their groups, but even they speak English when at the check out counters and when speaking to store keepers about the wares,

Hey thanks for the information. So hmm German is not common up there okay.

I searched Googled to find out more about that map. Do you have the webpage and the name/s of the person's who made it up?

As far as language is concerned in the malls, stores, and grocery stores it's call, Credit Card Language these days. Soon there will be one person managing all the automatic check out machines and that only may last another 5 years before we all sit at home and order online to have it delivered by AMAZINGZON!

Interesting sounds like the informations about PA is right. I think there should be more Chinese on the map. Maybe in CA too?

I was stationed out there for a couple years, and virtually every language is spoken out there. Tagalog is a native language of the Phillipines, of which there are a lot of Filipinos and people of Filipino descent in California. It is a little surprising to see it be the third most common language in California, but thinking about it, its not unbelievable. I've heard more Tagalog than Chinese, at least I think. I'm not too keen on telling too many languages apart.

I searched Googled to find out more about that map. Do you have the webpage and the name/s of the person's who made it up?

As far as language is concerned in the malls, stores, and grocery stores it's call, Credit Card Language these days. Soon there will be one person managing all the automatic check out machines and that only may last another 5 years before we all sit at home and order online to have it delivered by AMAZINGZON!

Sorry no, I found the map some weeks ago. I wish I could tell you, which page it was? You uploaded the image as "picture", in Googles Search engine?

I was stationed out there for a couple years, and virtually every language is spoken out there. Tagalog is a native language of the Phillipines, of which there are a lot of Filipinos and people of Filipino descent in California. It is a little surprising to see it be the third most common language in California, but thinking about it, its not unbelievable. I've heard more Tagalog than Chinese, at least I think. I'm not too keen on telling too many languages apart.

You heard every language? The total opposite interesting. Aurielius mentioned they don´t speak italian on markets and such. But I think they do, at least at home sometimes. It might be different, with a second or third generation Italian? I´m guessing here. The info about Phillipines in CA, is a surprise for me. I didn´t know that. But they also speak spanish. I heard many Chinese live in San Francisco and LA.

Edited by Gwork