Really bad framerate drops when Cells/LOD Load in, along with what seems to be shoddy looking LOD.

poke109

I found a solution, I replaced Fallout 3 Tick Fix with Fallout stutter remover and I used a custom ini from the New Vegas stutter remover and it made things so much more playable, very smooth now, now I just need to get a decent SSD for my bethesda games. Anyone who wants the ini I'm using I can provide it.

• 8 months later...

OK actually I take that back. No matter what I do the game acts like a piece of crap. After that day my game jumped back down to where it was before. Now my biggest question is where does the Stutter remover go in your load order?

OK actually I take that back. No matter what I do the game acts like a piece of crap. After that day my game jumped back down to where it was before. Now my biggest question is where does the Stutter remover go in your load order?

It doesn't. Read the instructions on the mod page.

Here is the thing - and I'm sorry, I'm speaking from experience w/my own games and helping others over the years as well.

ENB's and LOD's are problematic from the onset. Sorry they are. They will ' eat ' at your video FPS no matter what ..... Yes, you can tweak a bit .. but in the end there will still be a loss.

Understand that FALLOUT 3 is basically a very low end - designed long before the " god " machines we have now. Thus have limitations that are just there and yes, can be tweaked a bit, but again in the end... there will STILL BE LAGS.

Personally I just found they are not worth it to me, for what you get -vs- the time and attention to get there, the payoff was simply not worth it and in the end, I finally just stopped totally using them in all my games. Don't get me started on Skyrim SE and the challenges there. :P That is when I finally just said: Enough.