Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

ShowUFOsOnMission=0

; Detect the UFOs that are carrying out abductions and terror missions BEFORE they start them, this allows you to shoot down the UFO's before hand.

I think it also makes the game spawn UFOs to go after your satellites. In my original playthrough on normal I never had a UFO go after my satellites, I enabled this setting to test the mission UFOs loaded up a game where I had some satellite coverage and started scanning. It didn't take long until a large UFO showed up and Bradford said it seemed to be scanning for something, I ignored it and soon thereafter the satellite in the area was shot down. As I said, that never happened to me before so if someone did have it happen without modding the game please say, if not well, we know one more mission UFO and we know stealth satellites are a waste of research.

I also have yet to see a UFO be detected that went on to prompt a abduction or terror mission when ignored which seems a bit odd...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any UFO you leave alone will look for and destroy your satellites, its a default setting in the game, and there are setting that determine the percent chance they have of finding it on the first scan and the second scan. We already know what that setting you listed does, and it's the description I wrote. Edited by Xionanx

SW_SATELLITE_INCREASE=1.45f

the percentage by which the satellites' costs are increased for each satellite produced in this second-wave feature.

i.e. 1.45f means each satellite will cost 45% more than the previous (or 145% if you like).

Sat 1 = 100

Sat 2 = 145

Sat 3 = 210

etc etc.

Tested in second wave features & confirmed working.

UFO_INTERCEPTION_PCT=66

I *think* that this is the percentage that any "Observed UFO" will need to be intercepted by the player i.e. is "made visible" to the player, so even if you get a second-chance UFO you may not need to intercept it - but that is pretty much a guess and only makes a lot of sense if the abduction/terror UFOs were enabled, so it may be legacy code..... Big chunk of guessing in there. :-0

Could that be the percentage of any UFO being "landed" or "flying" when detected?

I have figured out how BalanceMods is bugged for soldiers. Recruited soldiers (Hired through the barracks, not your starting soldiers) will always be modified using the value of BalancedMods_Easy for eChar_Soldier regardless of which difficulty you're playing on, while your starting soldiers are properly modified.

This means there are two ways to make the stats of your starting soldiers and recruited soldiers match. You can either change all of the BalancedMods lines for soldiers to 0 everything and then make any modifications directly to the Characters definition for eChar_Soldier, or you can make the BalancedMods_Easy and BalancedMods_WhicheverDifficultyYou'rePlaying match. Unfortunately this means that there is no way to have a publicly-released soldier stat balance mod that works with any difficulty (assuming you want soldiers on different difficulties to have different stats) but it's still better than having your starting soldiers be arbitrarily different than recruited soldiers.

Here are some examples using base health, since that's the only value that is modified in BalanceMods by default.

Characters=(iType=eChar_Soldier,HP=5

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=1
BalanceMods_Normal=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=0
BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=-1
BalanceMods_Classic=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=-2

This is how it is by default. If you're playing on Easy there will be no difference between starting and recruited soldiers. If you're on any other difficulty then your starting soldiers will have less health than your recruited soldiers (who will always have 6 base health).

Characters=(iType=eChar_Soldier,HP=3

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=0
BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=0
BalanceMods_Classic=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=0

Here's an example for if you want to use the default values for an Impossible game. You ignore BalanceMods and just define Soldier base health in the Characters definition. Your starting and recruited soldiers will properly have a base health of 3.

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=-2
BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=-1
BalanceMods_Classic=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=-2

Here's another example for if you want to use the default values for an Impossible game, but this time making use of BalanceMods. The key is just to have the BalanceMods of the difficult you're playing match the BalanceMods for Easy.

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=60
BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=0
BalanceMods_Classic=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iHP=0

And for the sake of being silly, here's an example where if you're not playing on Easy then your starting soldiers will have 5 base health and any recruited soldiers will have a base health of 65.

Nice.. clearly a bug and not working as intended. Here's hoping a MAJOR patch is coming along the pipes, because checking the "Known Issues" thread at the official forums.. it has like 80 f***ing entries. How this game got console certified with that many bugs is beyond me....

No idea what these do, but they appear to follow the same setting system of (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible). More information is needed.

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

these control the weapon fragment amounts for each difficulty. i set mine to .75 and swimming in weapon fragments now. .35-.45 would probably be closer so you have enough for projects but not a bunch extra.

No idea what these do, but they appear to follow the same setting system of (Easy,Normal,Classic,Impossible). More information is needed.

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

these control the weapon fragment amounts for each difficulty. i set mine to .75 and swimming in weapon fragments now. .35-.45 would probably be closer so you have enough for projects but not a bunch extra.

I'd just guess that with Fragments at 0.25, you're getting 1/4 of the weapon/s value in fragments or something for each enemy weapon that explodes into fragments, and with 0.75 you're getting 3/4 of its value. Something very similar to that is occuring, for sure.

been looking in the compiled scripts,is there any lines in there to promote just one soldier in the starting mission (not hired thru barracks) into a colonel??it can be done with xp level tho,but i think that counts when we finished the starter mission and can get the modified xp level all the way thru colonel...

am i missing any lines?or i can use the balancedmods to modified just one soldier out of four in the starter mission?

been looking in the compiled scripts,is there any lines in there to promote just one soldier in the starting mission (not hired thru barracks) into a colonel??it can be done with xp level tho,but i think that counts when we finished the starter mission and can get the modified xp level all the way thru colonel...

am i missing any lines?or i can use the balancedmods to modified just one soldier out of four in the starter mission?

Balancemods or anything in the ini for that matter cannot be used to modify individual soldiers. You can only modify soldiers as a whole or their progression.

Individual soldier modification would require a save game editor.