psu skyrim reboot enb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kingmajestic

kingmajestic

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hey guys, its my first time posting here so I really not sure what the norm is so I'll just jump into it. I have been playing heavily modded skyrim and when I boot up the game and the main menu pops up, or when I load a save or start a new one, the pc has this massive coil whine sound then just reboots/restarts. I was trying to fix this for about a week and narrowed it down. it wasn't any of the mods, but my enb that was causing it so I switched my enb and it was good. Then later I decided maybe it was just try and change my enb only to have the same problem so I switched back but it wasn't working. still got this loud coil while that only stopped when I paused the game and still my PC would reboot when I load into the world. I then found out that if I enable vsync it would help a bit and it did. it helped me get passed the main menu like I said earlier, but when I loaded it into my save it would reboot again. then I dumbed the v-sync from 60fps to 30fps and I would load into the world, play for like 10 minutes then my pc would reboot again after the coil whine sound. It happens on vanilla skyim as well. but only skyrim, so far this hasnt happened with any other game I play. (Sekiro, assassins creed odyssey league of legends, or really anything) I would still get the coil whine, but less and it wouldn't reboot. I turned off the "auto restart on system failure" but the problem still persists. any suggestions? I'll provide My mod list and my pc specs and a video of the problem itself:

Link to video of problem I described: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Modlist:

Spoiler

PC specs:

Spoiler

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,572 posts

Sounds like you have an issue beyond being able to play Skyrim.  Have someone qualified check out your computer.  You could be overtaxing the system and it is shutting down to protect itself.  I am also wondering if you have enough power to operate all of your components when the graphics card really gets put to work.

After turning off the auto restart, are you getting any blue screens of death?  If you are, those can help pinpoint possible causes.  Tho reading and understanding them are not the easiest of things to do.

M48A5

M48A5

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,197 posts

Have you tried opening the computer and cleaning out the dust?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psu, skyrim, reboot, enb

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.035 seconds