Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

Well it probably wouldn't be that hard. you would probably just have to make a script that equips that gauntlets to the player (I've found that for some reason using the player.equipitem script the player cannot unequip the item)

And maybe a message box asking if you want to have the gauntlets permanately

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ok, that's nice, but what specifically does that mean?" Well, for starters, it means a clean record. An idea of a "clean record" is that any fine in the past cannot exceed a certain number, say 300 gold? (Honestly, that's a bit much. That's on a rough order of 5 assaults. That's like saying "I got into five bar fights in the past month" and expect to somehow become the FBI Secret Agents.) I would also suggest making the completion of the turning in of the Imperial City Market District's Captain Guard quest (Imperial Corruption) a requirement, as that would show the entire "doing something for the greater good of the empire" bit on an executive level. That and well, it is a nice summery of your job, minus the assassination and infiltration perks.

"Ok, that's nice, but what specifically does that mean?" Well, for starters, it means a clean record. An idea of a "clean record" is that any fine in the past cannot exceed a certain number, say 300 gold?" You should make so that if you are the Champion of Cyrodill then they will look to recruit you not matter your crime gold. "making the completion of the turning in of the Imperial City Market District's Captain Guard quest (Imperial Corruption) a requirement" Don't forget the Cheydinhal (Corruption and Conscience) or maybe just one of those :thumbsup:

The end quests should involve something about the investigation of the emperor's assassination, and the Imperial Palace guards, possibly leading up to the assassination of a High Council member.

Isn't that the main quest?

1. Ok, that's passable. If you've bothered to save an entire empire from the fangs of Dagon, then sure. I almost forgot about the Chedinhal quest. Compelting one of them and a clean record should put a recruiter on your doorstep.

2. Yes and no. Yes in that the investigation ended at a cult. No in the sense that this is the story behnd the story. I doubt that Dagon has the ability to see ino the future, or read people's minds, but that's exactly the skill set their daedric god needed for his pawns to know the route the emperor and his blades were going to take in a assassination attempt. Unless their daedric god has those powers, they recieved information from someone. That is what this is.

I was just thinking about it, and maybe there should be a recorded murder or two on your record, since, you know, you're becoming an assassin. They have to know you can kill someone. Although that's just immersion and probably doesn't matter to the game itself.

I was just thinking about it, and maybe there should be a recorded murder or two on your record, since, you know, you're becoming an assassin. They have to know you can kill someone. Although that's just immersion and probably doesn't matter to the game itself.

These people aren't assassains. They are spies for the most part. Killing isn't their primary job, it's something they do sparcely in order to snip the rotten that the imperial guard can't reach or handle. You aren't joining the Dark Brotherhood. A lot of the beginning missions will be "find this note at a hostle location" variety. Not "go kll a captian". Want pointless bloodshead? The Dark Brotherhood is for you, not the Imperial Ops.

I agree with infestdiachi, You should be doing thefts or maybe even just spieing, uncovering some hard evidence for a criminal ring of bandits that no ones been able to pin something on yet, that sort of thing, im not saying 0 assasintions just not to many as then you'd just be creating a second Dark brotherhood making the mod become a little bit repetitive

I see that and appreciate spy missions and maybe a sabotage mission thrown in here and there, although I feel like, for something to be Black Ops, there has to be some assassinating involved, otherwise there would be little to no action. I'm still stuck on the idea of raiding unfriendly caravans, it seems to intense to pass up.

Also, for those gauntlets, Peppez, you need to make sure that the blade is on the right hand since that's the one that punches first.

I see that and appreciate spy missions and maybe a sabotage mission thrown in here and there, although I feel like, for something to be Black Ops, there has to be some assassinating involved, otherwise there would be little to no action. I'm still stuck on the idea of raiding unfriendly caravans, it seems to intense to pass up.

Also, for those gauntlets, Peppez, you need to make sure that the blade is on the right hand since that's the one that punches first.

There are supposed to be blades on both hands, and maybe something like your going for one person but you also have to take out or sneak past all of the resistance, with the help of the gloves and some other fancy tools :)

• 3 weeks later...

I do apologise in advance if its already been stated, but I have only read the first post and I would like to imput some idea's and critism (Not bad, but productive critism.)

Firstly, the idea of having a stealthy section in the Imperial Legion is great and it fits in with the lore great, un-named agents have often been written about in books.

However my critism comes in this form:

Critism.

Firstly, I have allways disliked quests which can only start at certain levels, or skill levels as I feel they rip out the whole feel of roleplaying..

Suggestion.

Perhaps instead of having it when the skills reach a certain level, have it when a player finds a certain (supposed to be secret) location, maby a section of sewers, or a basement in the watch office.

Once going inside, you get taken captive by the first guard / agent there, and then the commander goes to your cell to give you an offer, join them, or spend time in their prison and have your life threatend if you make it public of where/what they are.

Critism.

By your description it just sounds like DB.... Yes DB is very popular, but in my opinion the quest line is Boring!

go kill this... go kill that... Ohhh super hard super diffrent mission, don't be seen by anyone and kill that.....

Suggestion.

Its been done once, so bring more productive quest idea's into this mod!

Instead of "this person is an enamy of the legion go kill them!" Have

"This person is a suspected enamy of the legion, I want you to go and stalk them, find out everything about them, and then come to me with something we can use to blackmail them with!"

to finish the quest

"Right good job, now I want you to go tell the person if he continue's his plan, we'll inform his leader about his fondleing of his wife!"

Bring in more spy, espionage missions, missions which can go wrong!!

"Right its possible one of the legion's captains is corrupt we want you to check him out, but don't let him see you!"

you get caught out and instead of him saying "go away" or "i don't know you and don't care to know you" he say's "Theif your under arrest for trying to pick my pockets, pay the fines and go to the cell!"

without option you get locked up, and one of your comrades visits you with a note from the boss.

"It is a damn shame you got caught, and for that you have been demoted."

Thats my personal opinion and idea's.

I don't think I could do it better, because I still don't know how to mod with TES CS, however i'd be more than willing to help you with idea's story lines, quest lines, testing, and other "misc" parts of this mod.

Let me know if you think you'd like my input, or if you'd rahter do it your way.