About the password thing

Ceolizer

I hate this. Now to make it easy for me to remember a longass password, I just run a straight line through my keyboard. Its not thoughtout, its not secure, and I hate that a site I don't use money on now needs a longer password than all my other MONEY HANDLING websites. Let me handle how I do my passwords because next time Chrome forgets the autofill password, I will have to reset my password again when I inevitably forget. I will not have a text file with my passwords or have to carry a notepad around. I do reuse passwords, know why? I've never had a problem with them, I have many I use for specific sites and others for specific types of sites. If a password leaks on a non money site, so what, I change to another prepaired password, but now non of my extra passwords work because of 12 f***ing characters which makes me just go "Passcode1234" then next time i forget and just enter "Passcode12" because I forgot the site REQUIRED 12.

I'm actually kinda wondering if this is the thought process the dinosaurs had before they realized they were going extinct?

There's a few really knowledgeable security folks around here. It's time to adapt to the times.

edit - quoted wrong post. Really sorry about that Jimmy!

I hate this. Now to make it easy for me to remember a longass password, I just run a straight line through my keyboard. Its not thoughtout, its not secure, and I hate that a site I don't use money on now needs a longer password than all my other MONEY HANDLING websites. Let me handle how I do my passwords because next time Chrome forgets the autofill password, I will have to reset my password again when I inevitably forget. I will not have a text file with my passwords or have to carry a notepad around. I do reuse passwords, know why? I've never had a problem with them, I have many I use for specific sites and others for specific types of sites. If a password leaks on a non money site, so what, I change to another prepaired password, but now non of my extra passwords work because of 12 f***ing characters which makes me just go "Passcode1234" then next time i forget and just enter "Passcode12" because I forgot the site REQUIRED 12.

Edited by StormWolf01

I suggest you use a password manager such as Last Pass. I have very few passwords under 20 characters and use a different password for every site. When I changed my password on Nexus I actually shortened it to 15 characters.

If you want to use strong passwords on the web it really is best to use a password manager or, as you have said, it can get really tedious to try to remember all those passwords.

There is no such thing as absolute security on the web but using a strong password and a different password for every site certainly helps.