In-game crash using F4SE in vicinity of Diamond City

ACarson

So the title says most of whats going on. F4SE was installed with the two data folders being ran through Vortex. All other mods installed through vortex as well. Loot says it looks good, though suggests another load order. The game runs smooth and even stopped with the over-lapping dialog stuff, but it keeps crashing when I try to get to Diamond city. I tried from 3 different sides before writing this. Plus I'm not even running that many mods compared to some of the people out there. Anyway some insight would be appreciated.

So the title says most of whats going on. F4SE was installed with the two data folders being ran through Vortex. All other mods installed through vortex as well. Loot says it looks good, though suggests another load order. The game runs smooth and even stopped with the over-lapping dialog stuff, but it keeps crashing when I try to get to Diamond city. I tried from 3 different sides before writing this. Plus I'm not even running that many mods compared to some of the people out there. Anyway some insight would be appreciated.

Check installed mods that touch Diamond City or Guard armour/clothes or any other NPC that resides in Diamond City. That's the first things to look at, besides computer specs with regard to GPU and amount of RAM your system has. If you'd like decent help, you first need to help us by giving as much information as you can.

And never install f4se through a mod manager. Always install manually. Besides the folders, you also need to get the dll files into the game's main install folder (the same one that has the fallout 4 executables).

Processor is an i9 and GPU a 2080Ti and so forth so I know its not hardware. And the only mod specific to Diamond City would be a Piper light makeover. All of the programs work together. The only thing I did different was putting the SRC and Data files into Vortex as 7zip files. Now if thats the problem then is there a way to take those out and put the two normal files into place?

Can someone help me with this very similar issue. seem to crash whenever i try and fast travel to diamondcity or use command to go there. i have an extensive load order but none of them are throwing me any issues

any help would be greatly appreciated

Processor is an i9 and GPU a 2080Ti and so forth so I know its not hardware. And the only mod specific to Diamond City would be a Piper light makeover. All of the programs work together. The only thing I did different was putting the SRC and Data files into Vortex as 7zip files. Now if thats the problem then is there a way to take those out and put the two normal files into place?

I've used Vortex but threw it in the bin and went back to Nexus Mod Manager. Way less hassle than with Vortex. If you want help with Vortex then post in one of the three Vortex fora. The reason I threw Vortex off of my computer is that the game crashed or wouldn't even start when I had exactly the same mods loaded than in NMM. With NMM the game worked like a charm, with Vortex nothing worked. Same for Skyrim SE.

The Piper makeover can be the cause when something's not right with it. I had a similar issue with a Desdemona makeover that crashed the game everytime I went inside the Old North Church, simply because there was an error in her clothing.

Can someone help me with this very similar issue. seem to crash whenever i try and fast travel to diamondcity or use command to go there. i have an extensive load order but none of them are throwing me any issues

any help would be greatly appreciated

Please start your own topic and post your specs and load order between spoiler tags.

Would I be able to switch back over to NMM without a bunch of hassle? Because the thing works really really well, expect for that one thing. And the mod is the very light companion tweak mod with options. Should I try uninstalling those and seeing if I can get into Diamond city?

Would I be able to switch back over to NMM without a bunch of hassle? Because the thing works really really well, expect for that one thing. And the mod is the very light companion tweak mod with options. Should I try uninstalling those and seeing if I can get into Diamond city?

Please start calling stuff by its name. Otherwise we get things of things that do things and don't do other things and some things work and other things don't and in the end no-one knows what things anybody is talking about. And yes, deactivating or uninstalling that mod would be a good start, unless you don't want to find out which mod is causing the problem. If it's not that mod you'll have to uninstall every mod one by one and try the game to see what happens.

Going to NMM would mean you'd have to re-install all the mods you use while making sure you never ever open Vortex again while using NMM or you'd get in trouble since both mod managers use the same folders and files to keep track of what mods are installed.