Porting Pitt armors to new vegas

Fishboy213

Hello, Iâm wondering if someone could make me a mod to port the Pitt raider armors from fo3 to new vegas, or advise me how to do it myself as Iâve never made a mod, I couldnât find a mod that did this so I thought asking for help here would be a good idea

Isn't that a little overkill for someone that only wants the armor from one DLC?

The alternative is Blender 2.49b and a lot of wankery. Sod that.

FO3 and FNV use basically the same game engine. All you need to do is copy over the meshes and textures for the armor and create new entries for the armor in the GECK. Blender is not required.

Most FO3 assets (statics, misc items, clothing, armor, weapons, etc) will port over with no fiddling and nothing else needed. All you need to do is copy the files over. However, for some reason, they decided to change the way that hats and hairs work, so most hats and hairs end up rotated by 90 degrees if you just copy them over. That's easily fixed in NifSkope though, so again, you still don't need Blender.

Also, many assets for FO3 are in the FNV game files and just aren't used. The first place to check is in the FNV meshes and textures BSAs to see if that particular armor is already in there or not. I don't think it is but it wouldn't hurt to check.

I looked in the Pitt bsa but I couldnât figure out which nif files I needed because theyâre all labeled pittraiderarmor 1-4, honestly all of this mod making stuff is way out of my wheelhouse, Iâll probably just wait until I can get my 360 repaired or replaced so I can play my copy of fo3 goty on that, also I would try to figure out how to mod in tale of two wastelands but fo3 crashes on startup even after I did all the recommended fixes