MGE and general Mod help

DiscipleOfOdd

So, I bought Morrowind for my PC (not a gaming laptop by any means, but can totally handle this game no problem), and got the 'essential' mods for the game, including the MGE. Setup goes great until Distant Land: I click the wizard, select the things, hit continue, then auto. After a few seconds, I get this error mesage:

SlimDX.CompilationException ---> SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND: n/a (-2147024770)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.CompilationException.Check[T](Int32 hr, String errors)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Effect.FromFile(Device device, String fileName, ShaderFlags flags)
at MGEgui.DirectX.CellTexCreator..ctor(Int32 Res)
at MGEgui.DistantLand.DistantLandForm.workerCreateTextures(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
What do I do here? This is my first foray into any sort of PC gaming/modding, and so far its been youtube video after video and search after search trying to make this work. Its proving very frustrating... :sad:
Not to mention, the game won't even boot up now. I moved everything to the Steamapps folder within the program files (cuz I kept getting the infamous error 5:0000065434), and now the game will launch, then crash at the main menu. I just want to enjoy this game, and now it won't work. I've followed countless tutorials on the installation of EVERYTHING and read step-by-step troubleshooting vids, all with no success. If someone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

So, I bought Morrowind for my PC (not a gaming laptop by any means, but can totally handle this game no problem), and got the 'essential' mods for the game, including the MGE. Setup goes great until Distant Land: I click the wizard, select the things, hit continue, then auto. After a few seconds, I get this error mesage:

SlimDX.CompilationException ---> SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND: n/a (-2147024770)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.CompilationException.Check[T](Int32 hr, String errors)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Effect.FromFile(Device device, String fileName, ShaderFlags flags)
at MGEgui.DirectX.CellTexCreator..ctor(Int32 Res)
at MGEgui.DistantLand.DistantLandForm.workerCreateTextures(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
What do I do here? This is my first foray into any sort of PC gaming/modding, and so far its been youtube video after video and search after search trying to make this work. Its proving very frustrating... :sad:
Not to mention, the game won't even boot up now. I moved everything to the Steamapps folder within the program files (cuz I kept getting the infamous error 5:0000065434), and now the game will launch, then crash at the main menu. I just want to enjoy this game, and now it won't work. I've followed countless tutorials on the installation of EVERYTHING and read step-by-step troubleshooting vids, all with no success. If someone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I don't think you installed DX9, can be installed on top of either DX10/DX11/DX12 (I think DX12 is called Vortex or Vulcan), after Morrowind being installed which is required to do.

So, verify the game cache if you are playing the Steam version then reinstall DX 9.0c and here is a quick guide for either MGE or MGE XE (just replace MGE with MGE XE if you're using MGE XE).

Also, install Wrye Mash as a mod manager, if you want to have a stable modded game.