SKSE don't start running on Skyrim SE new profile. Help!

Arawna2

You will get that SkyUI error if you did not install the SKSE scripts correctly.

In your case specifically, I recommend removing SKSE if you installed it as a Vortex mod and install it manually.

Get it from here: https://skse.silverlock.org/

Follow the instructions carefully.

Make sure the scripts wind up in Data/Scripts.

Hi rmm200, I've installed manually following the instructions in the readme. SKSE runs well with the default profile, the problem is only with new profiles. And I don't understand why :(

Problem solved!

Finally I tried to clone the default profile to create a new one and... POP! SKSE working! I disabled all the mods I don't need for this new run, installed the new ones et voilà! New profile running perfectly.

Thanks all for your help! :smile:

Edited by Arawna2

Glad you got it working!

SKSE is sort of a special case for Vortex. You can't just download it and drop it in as a Vortex mod.

There are simple documented ways to repackage and do just that, but they require more reading than the average user is willing to do.

Glad you got it working!

SKSE is sort of a special case for Vortex. You can't just download it and drop it in as a Vortex mod.

There are simple documented ways to repackage and do just that, but they require more reading than the average user is willing to do.

Vortex 1.2.12+ will actually be able to install/manage the script extender like any other mod, which should cut down on these cases.

Glad you got it working!

Vortex 1.2.12+ will actually be able to install/manage the script extender like any other mod, which should cut down on these cases.

Thanks Picky! That is good to hear!

SKSE, like FNIS, is popular enough to special case it if nothing else.