[Tutor] Collisions Mini Tutorial Part III

jaysus

and here it comes the next step to complete fallout modelling... COLLISIONS!!!!

=============================================================

!!!!COLLISIONS!!!!

=============================================================

you need:

Niftools 3.1 - (3dmax exporter/importer)

Niftools 3.0 - (3dmax exporter/importer)

Nifskope[/b][/u]

==============================================================

how to:

make a model (sub - names in screenshots))

make a clone (subColl) (try to optimize it)

create a bhkrigidbody (under helpers)

add a bhkrigidbodymodifier to the clone

and select packed strips shape

add the clone to the list of meshes the bhkrigidbodyhelper uses

export the whole scene once with the 3.1 niftools (31) and once with the 3.0 niftools (30)...

open the 31 and 30 files in seperate nifskope windows and also open a random vanilla mesh but toilet houses work best

paste the 30 nitristripdata over that of the vanilla mesh (the way you learned in mini tutorial part 1)

copy the whole bhkcollisionobject branch from the 31 file over into the vanilla file... delete the vanilla files bhkcollisionobject

paste the index number of the imported bhkcollision in the "collision object" field of the root node [0]

done...

====================================================================

:D

tutorial part 1 - mini modelling

tutorial part 2 - skinning

doesnt seem as if you were actually interested in it... kinda disappointing regarding the fact that every a.s.s. of hole asks for this and that new mod but gives a damn on how to make them... cattle...

like "oh you invented a rocket! so what? screw you we want to get to the moon..."

or "give us fish you bloody hippie! we dont want a net!"

mmmh since noone reads this anyway i can spam here i guess... troll my own thread... yeah...

well lets start with a story... comes a chicken into a porcellain shop and makes squatsch... the elephant just entered... whats red and sits on a tree? a voyeur after a wild fire... whats red and knocks on the window? a baby in the oven... treffen sich zwei jäger, beide tot...

sigh thats boring... but bumpy... at least someone pat my back... :bunny: <--- supercute me...

• 4 weeks later...

im having some problems with this if you're keeping the thread updated.

basically, on export and editing the collision shows up in the GECK (upon press of F4) but then the nif has no collision ingame >.<

only had this issues with 1 or 2 static meshes but sadly they're the ones i really need lol

If you are making collision for weapons, Make sure when you go to export, your collision mesh should be an Editable Mesh, not a Poly

Also, make sure its Bhkrigidbody modifier is set to Convex....

OH DONT FORGET

if you are having errors 'Assertation Failed' Array something something, basically it means wherever you hit 'Paste Over' (on all of those items actually)

reset that blocks 'name' to zero (0) Just click the space where it has its own name, and enter Zero, it should default to the root nodes name with zero in brackets [0]

if you dont do this, you will have assertation fail errors upon trying to open it up in Geck or preview window. (all nodes nitristripdata must be named 0!

im having some problems with this if you're keeping the thread updated.

basically, on export and editing the collision shows up in the GECK (upon press of F4) but then the nif has no collision ingame >.<

only had this issues with 1 or 2 static meshes but sadly they're the ones i really need lol

May be this post helps you out

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=752030

bit off topic, but you wouldn't happen to know how I make a collision nonw climbable?

For some reason, player can just run up the walls of our bunker (fixed it with collision boxes, but a thats kinda lame :P)