my mod has been scanned by tes4edit ... hmmm.

bobbyskel78

on one final note, one thing i do keep seeing in LOOT every time i open it ... this file has to be placed directly after the Oblivion master file as the author failed to use Gecko's, 'move world spaces'. well, i figured ... run Gecko's, move world spaces ... the comment remains, the load order the same.

It's very useful but doesn't fix all the problems though.

LOOT scans through every plugin to find errors and proper sorting techniques. Its the reason why it can sort unknown mods. Those errors should go away in LOOT once they're fixed, but afaik the only errors that go away with BOSS are the dirty edit ones

LOOT scans through every plugin to find errors and proper sorting techniques. Its the reason why it can sort unknown mods. Those errors should go away in LOOT once they're fixed, but afaik the only errors that go away with BOSS are the dirty edit ones

Pretty sure that they don't go away in BOSS until the masterlist is updated (either by somebody curating the list or the user). BOSS is for all intents obsolete and abandoned at this point in time so only relics from the pre-history stages of life are still using it (yup ... that'd be me).

I'm waiting for the masterlists on LOOT to either be ported or remade fully. Some mods just do not like the order LOOT puts it in so I can't trust it

I read somewhere that the LOOT folks were integrating the BOSS masterlist but it sounded like an ongoing project rather than a one click and we're done type thing (and that was probably more than a year ago).

LOOT masterlists are a lot more descriptive and not static, whereas BOSS is just a bunch of plugins in some sort of order and are completely static. House mod A will always be loaded before house mod B for instance. On LOOT it doesn't really matter, LOOT will see if things conflict in someway and sort from there. If it doesn't it just puts it in some sort of ideal location. The problem is that there's only general groups, not specific ones like BOSS. So a lot of the sorting is from LOOT's internal processing and hoping it does what you want

So converting the two isn't really straight forward or simple and with how unpopular Oblivion is these days idk when we will see LOOT be 100% ideal to trust without user rules

• 2 weeks later...

oh hell, this topic is still going, lol.

where would we be w/ our 100+ mods w/o BOSS or LOOT? just left w/ our common sense. i could see the forums now inundated w/ questions on load order.

actually, on that note ... i'm trying to create a mod combining a bunch of cosmetics (hair/eyes ... etc) which has now spawned into me adding custom races that have been loaded into my game ... i should have stopped w/ the cosmetics!

ok, so i extracted the meshes and textures of custom race A from a bsa, my mod loads post the initial mod and i've kept everything exact as possible, race (name, mesh, texture, ... of course the hair and eyes are purposely supposed to be set at the maximal option) soooooo, to test, i open the race menu via the console and i have two copies of race A. why? shouldn't one over-ride the other? i never really did understand archive invalidation ... is this one of those moments?

Pretty off-topic in a thread about TES4Edit, but it's your's and the OP can change the topic at any point as far as I know. Archive Invalidation however is only to do with assets/external resources, not plugin or masterfile records.

Are you by chance still using both your plugin and the plugin you copied the races from at the same time?

EditorIDs are only valid inside the plugin they originate from. 2 races in 2 plugins having the same EditorIDs will not make one overwrite/ride the other automatically or anything.

If a plugin is meant to overwrite/ride a race from another, it "absolutely must" be made like a patch, with the other plugin as parent/master. Else, as far as the game is concerned, the races from both plugins will have totally different FormIDs (2 digits plugin-index + 6 digits actual form) thus be considered separate races.

well, once again Drake ... that was my next thought was using the same form id, so that there would be a conflict and the last on the list wins. i'm not sure if this is proper logic. in the back of my head, i'm thinking the prefix for any mod is it's load order.

i don't want to slave a quest mod just for cosmetics or custom races ... even though i have made them identical as possible. i'm beyond my wits end and here at the same time i'm thinking of altering WAC beard to a male only modification. i'm doomed!!!

Edited by bobbyskel78