Terrain Texture Issues

Hazmat194

Hey everyone whats up. I started messing around with some new mods and trying to configure/optimize settings and all that, and now I'm having this weird issue were my terrain texture is super blurry/low res just past several feet away from my character. Almost like a draw distance thing? But the textures almost smoothly go to high res when im right on top of it. In some instances, depending on the angle, I can almost see a visible line of draw distance/texture rendering if i move slow and steady. Almost like when shadows full render as you move forward. Any idea what this could be?

I just recently tried Optimized vanilla textures to touch areas that my texture mods don't just to see if it will help with performance or anything. For Terrain, I'm using Vivid Fallout AiO. I'm also using FAR and Vogue Enb and maybe its a settings thing I'm missing? Though I never had this issue until recently.

Side note, I was reading if using an ENB to set the SSAO in the launcher options to Off so the ENB can take over, as well as setting the Anisotropic value to 0 if using an ENB as well. I was reading that value may have something to do with it? Or is it something in my control panel settings for Radeon on my PC? I've never had this issue before.

Another thing that's been bothering me for awhile is shadow rendering. It's most noticeable in sanctuary where the shadows will sort of gradient into view on the houses the closer I get, and if I move back they gradually disappear. I read editing the two shadow distance value in the falloutprefs.ini would help solve this, and i changed both values to 5000, but that doesn't seem to fix it. It would be the Prefs ini settings correct? Not editing any of the other inis (like the default ini for example) for this kinda stuff? Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some ini settings that control how close textures load to you. I had the issue of low-res textures on top of bridges and such, shuffled some settings, and problem gone. Try these settings in your Fallout 4 ini, in the 'general' section.

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0
iTextureUpgradeDistance1=7500
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=5000
iTextureDegradeDistance1=7500
iTextureDegradeDistance0=5000

There are some ini settings that control how close textures load to you. I had the issue of low-res textures on top of bridges and such, shuffled some settings, and problem gone. Try these settings in your Fallout 4 ini, in the 'general' section.

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=7500

iTextureUpgradeDistance0=5000

iTextureDegradeDistance1=7500

iTextureDegradeDistance0=5000

I've tried this myself no change. Something about using Boralis and other mods. The guy that made boralis said he knew the answer, but refused to say what it was. It's basically like a random tree that will stay low res.

you may add some screenshots of the problem for better explanation but anyways try placing the ini settings provided by HeyYou in the Fallout4Custom.ini.

Also about the SSAO and Anisotropic filter settings in the launcher if using ENB:

I am not sure about the Anisotropic filter but if you turn on SSAO in the launcher as well as in the ENB, you are actually applying the effect two times on the scene, eating-up your fps.

That means choose only one SSAO, vanilla or ENB