Vortex deletes mod staging folder when it updates

Reinhardsson

Yeah,

as written in the header:

Vortex deletes mod staging folder when it updates

Simple as that. Happened twice in two weeks now. I did literally nothing but use the update fuction, when it happened first (roughly two weeks ago).

I then had to let it scan and redeploy every single mod that is installed.

Same happened just now.

Vortex updated (without even asking me this time, maybe there is an auto-update option to disable, i didn't check yet) and deleted the staging folder again. And this time, to top it all off, it doesn't simply want to scan and redeploy all installed mods. No!, it wants to delete all installed mods...

I ended the process for now and let it do nothing, because i am pissed.

PS:

Turns out me stopping Vortex from doing anything, was too late already. It already deleted installed files...

Edited by Reinhardsson

Where is your staging folder located? If you've put it inside the ProgramFIles folder for Vortex, you should not put it there as the entire folder is cleared with each update. I recommend using the defaults or recommended paths, that way you can't put it somewhere "dangerous".

Where is your staging folder located? If you've put it inside the ProgramFIles folder for Vortex, you should not put it there as the entire folder is cleared with each update. I recommend using the defaults or recommended paths, that way you can't put it somewhere "dangerous".

Alright, this tip will help. Because it is (was)!

Thanks for the fast reply.

Edited by Reinhardsson