Telvanni Isles:Coldharbour

JoRhajak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have removed the poll, as nearly 100 people completed. I'd like to thank everyone who did the poll!

Edited by JoRhajak

obviously I've updated my replies since the begining, but feel free to just comment on the project or ask any questions. If your interested in helping please don't hold back!

Thanks ~ Jo'Rhajak

Edited by JoRhajak

Just to add a bit to my poll responses, primarily to "quest length" (I answered 30 minutes):

I like individual quests to be in the 30-60 minutes range, shorter for the more hum-drum ones and longer for the more exciting ones (but only if making them longer doesn't make them less exciting). However, I like quest lines that consist of many quests that, in aggregate, take several hours to finish -- assuming there's variety (dungeon delves are fun quests, but a quest line that just sends you into dungeon after dungeon after dungeon will likely get repetitive and obnoxious after the first few).

Also, please, for the love of the gods, have quests that actually have consequences! As a trivial example, consider that dragons only start to appear in Skyrim after the player has completed the quest to slay his first; a more interesting example however is the Forsworn at Druadach becoming friendly if you side with Madanach during Cidhna Mines, or not if you kill him. Quests with choices like this that have lasting consequences are what Skyrim desperately needs more of!

kromey, on 29 Jan 2013 - 23:33, said:

Just to add a bit to my poll responses, primarily to "quest length" (I answered 30 minutes):

I like individual quests to be in the 30-60 minutes range, shorter for the more hum-drum ones and longer for the more exciting ones (but only if making them longer doesn't make them less exciting). However, I like quest lines that consist of many quests that, in aggregate, take several hours to finish -- assuming there's variety (dungeon delves are fun quests, but a quest line that just sends you into dungeon after dungeon after dungeon will likely get repetitive and obnoxious after the first few).

Also, please, for the love of the gods, have quests that actually have consequences! As a trivial example, consider that dragons only start to appear in Skyrim after the player has completed the quest to slay his first; a more interesting example however is the Forsworn at Druadach becoming friendly if you side with Madanach during Cidhna Mines, or not if you kill him. Quests with choices like this that have lasting consequences are what Skyrim desperately needs more of!

So i've read your question again and i'm changing my response.

I'd really like to point out my love for how morrowind did things like factions and disposition. For instance if you join a faction, other rival factions won't deal with you (and so on). I really like those types of things so I hope to get some of those more in-depth consequences, and craft NPC's to have real opinions about you based on your affiliations and actions.

~ JoRhajak

Edited by JoRhajak

Intriguing and ambitious. Reminds me of my first D&D dungeon creation as a youngling, made the 2nd plane of hell (I admittedly have a bit of a Mordor fascination). I'll help out if I can and PM you with more specifics. Great start though, you seem organized and knowledgeable about what all goes into a mod/DLC/game of this scope. Cheers!

Intriguing and ambitious. Reminds me of my first D&D dungeon creation as a youngling, made the 2nd plane of hell (I admittedly have a bit of a Mordor fascination). I'll help out if I can and PM you with more specifics. Great start though, you seem organized and knowledgeable about what all goes into a mod/DLC/game of this scope. Cheers!

I played and still play d&d today..not during this project of course, though. We want the feel of the mod to emulate more skill based quests, like morrowind. We want to make sure that a dungeon trap is not so easily spotted or a dungeon puzzle is not so easily solved, as well as a harsh feeling like demon/dark souls when you enter the realm.

There is another post I have done, In that post It say the same thing I'm going to type here.

I need scripters or a scripter to come on board this project to make 6 bosses for me. I would really appreciate the help. I also could use a scripter in general willing to write some events and things of that nature. Please if you know anything about how to do those things, either send me a link in reply on how, or let me know you're interested in helping. Thanks ~ JoRhajak.