Brute Force

WorEnt21

Is there a way to make sure a mod is loaded before another. For example: in Vortex I made sure that EVE is loaded before WMX but the iron sights are the ones from WMX. I managed to fix these problems but now I have a problem with Asurah and WMX. I made sure Asurah is loaded before WMX but when I aim my (laser/tri beam/sniper)rifles go off to the left corner when I am shooting and aiming. Furthermore the aforementioned rifles are weirdly angled like in ammo and weapon condition checking (cant post a picture here sorry).Is there a way,like FNVEdit to use brute force to make the mods work together? I dont have a problem with clipping.

The last mod loaded is the one used in the game. In your example, if you want the assets from EVE it has to load after WMX. The same is true for any mod.

If you have two mods that change the same thing, the last loaded is what will be displayed in the game.

".Is there a way,like FNVEdit to use brute force" That is why you make a merged patch.

Edited by M48A5

We REALLY need to see a "load order" as produced by "LOOT"; to include the main game and DLC files. (Screenshots don't work so well for the purpose.) With modded games its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. LOOT's sort gives a good first approximation, correcting the most obvious issues and is sufficient for most players. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata". Instructions on how to copy it's list for posting are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

First step is to check for "compatibility patches" for the specific mods, which have to be installed after BOTH the mods being patched. This is one of the things we look for in your "load order". Do you have the optional "WMX - EVE Compatibility v1.0.10" file installed? (It is only optional if you are not using both mods.)

* If you have more than one mod that makes any change to the same record or set of records in the vanilla game, then you really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. When in doubt, create a "Merge Patch" file for your overall "load order" anyway.

Unfortunately, telling us "nothing I try works" doesn't help us help you. You need to give us specifics about what you tried, to include how you attempted to implement, so we can tell if you were doing it correctly. We know "load order" and "merge patch files" work to get EVE and WMX together. Now we have to figure out why not for you, and the first assumption is you did it wrong or are missing something.

-Dubious-