[LE] Disable fast travel on specific map marker?

Hello

I have been struggling with this for a few days now. Well, in short, I placed map markers on some locations I made, but I don't want the player to be able to fast travel to those markers, I just want them to be visible on the map once they are discovered, the reason to that is that I implemented a travel mechanic between each those new locations, I really just needed the markers so the player can know where those new locations are.

I tried via script, but I can't select the map markers as a reference on the property window, I also tried using Location property but didn't work either.

Is it even possible to disable fast travel to a specific marker?

The 'Map Markers' primary function is to 'Fast Travel', if you are using papyrus to disable it:
Then to select the marker the script's property must be:
Static Property My Marker Auto
And not
ObjectReference Property MyMarker Auto
If the script is living in the 'Map Marker', then it should be:
SELF.EnableFastTravel(FALSE)

You only need a script's property to be pointing to the Map Marker, if the script is living on an 'External Object' or a 'Quest', for example:
- An xMarker that will disable fast travel to all your map markers "On Init".
Edited by maxarturo

Thanks for taking up some of your time to try and help me

Well, I did as you said, I don't know what I am doing wrong to be honest.

Fist, I tried just using;

Self.EnableFastTravel(false) on the marker itself. But the script won't compile

I tried everything but the only way the script actually compiled was like this:

Scriptname FGCDisableMapMarker01 extends ObjectReference
Event OnInit()
Self.EnableFastTravel(false)
EndEvent
This time the script actually compiled, but when testing ingame, I was still able to fast travel to the location.
Also tried with Function and EndFunction instead of OnInit, but didn't work either
Edited by FunkyGandalfCat

Try "OnActivate()"

* I personally haven't try to disable fast travel on markers, so there is a big chance that it just can not be done, but you won't know for sure if you don't test it.

Try "OnActivate()"

* I personally haven't try to disable fast travel on markers, so there is a big chance that it just can not be done, but you won't know for sure if you don't test it.

Aye

I have also tried that

Well, looks like it cant be done probably

Thanks for your help anyways, I really appreciate it

Kudos

Edited by FunkyGandalfCat

Try one last thing:

Load your mod as active and then in the CK select World from the menu and then select Worldspaces. Highlight the worldspace you want and check the "Can't Fast Travel from here" box.

* Just keep in mind that this will disable fast travel for ALL map markers in your world space.