skse a noobs nitemare

tjc59

I am noob to PC gaming as well as mods, freedom from console enslavement... yes! I recently downloaded win 10 (not activated) looking to finally playing Skyrim SE. I've been trying to download and install SKSE..... here's the rub:

I download the 7zip file to desk top and extract there. When I do I am missing the SKSE_loader.exe file. It just isn't there. I get the dlls not the exe file. In my downloads in vortex it tells me I have SKSE but when I search for SKSE_loader.exe to make a shortcut it isn't there. Suggestions as to how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have EXTENSIONS turned off in WIndows?

Because most likely you do, because windows defaults to that, so instead of seeing

skse_loader.exe

you're seeing

skse_loader

and thinking it's missing when it's not.

I suggest you to to START-------->CONTROL PANEL----------->FILE EXPLORER OPTIONS----------->VIEW and UNCHECK "Hide Extensions For Known File types"

To: HadToRegister,

That did it :thumbsup: and so simple, Ugg. Thank you 2 much. I just love the joys of being a noob again …… the frustration, multiple cups of java, trying multiple times to do something your not supposed to but know no better, the loss of hair.....etc. O' Yeah what Joy! LOL

P.S. I switched to Linux maybe 14 yrs ago after a drivers battle with XP. The only reason I'm using win10 now is to play …. Skyrim. It's so nice to have a community of people who take the time to help. Esp an old geezer like me. :happy: Thanks.