Help-Start an old save file after BigLittleUpdate without losing everything.

klskrissy

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for information on how to start an old saved game after the BigLittleUpdate without losing all my resources, inventory, modules, mods, etc.? I have been searching for 2 days for instructions. I have seen instructions on several updated mods, but just for each of those mods.

Do step by step instructions exist for what to do first and so forth, to be able to play a saved game. For example, should I install the latest QMod Manager 4 first, start the game and see what mods are broke? Or remove all mods and replace with the updated ones before starting the old game?

I play using Epic Games Launcher. So far I have not removed any mods, nor replaced the old QMods Manager. When I started the old save game. Everything was back at my base parked, and the base and vehicles were empty of all mod items. All my storage lockers and inventory were gone! I quit without saving, and I'm unsure of what to do.

I know this happened to a lot of players that use mods after the game update, but I just can't find the information about what to do before you start an old saved game.

The game has updated, so you need to update the qmod manager, smlhelper and any other mods , because the mods and qmod manager have been updated for the game update.

Whether your pre update game works or not, is unknown

Backup your SNappData\SavedGames folder in order to preserve your old save games if something goes wrong.

I don't know WHERE that folder is in an Epic Game Store installation, but I'm assuming it should be in the Subnautica Folder

Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\