Some NPCs kinda T-posed after removing salacious idles

anjenthedog

I got tired of salacious idles and uninstalled it.

Now, the kahjit merchants (specially the trader ones) and some other NPCs have become t-posers.

Not all mind you, but enough that I noticed. Any ideas on how to kick start their normal idles?

thanks

did you run FNIS after removing those animations?

Also, did those salacious animations overwrite the original animations?

If so, dids you use a mod manager to install it so the original animations would be restored?

Hi HadToResgister, thanks for the reply

1) yes, FNIS has been run several times. (although only once in direct response to the uninstallation)

2) that seems likely, due to the nature of salacious idles.

3) Well, I use Vortex, for what that's worth.

4) not asked, but I also performed a save after removing it and opening back up, then cleaned it but nothing Salacious idles associated came up

I have not performed a restoration via steam utility, if that's next up.

My *understanding is that "overwrites" are simply load order overwrites, rather than actual edits to other mods, so I'd presume the original idles are still there, somewhere, but aren't firing because a save reference is still pointing to the now missing idles from salacious.

I thought *maybe there was a way I could kick start what I presume are the original idles. Just not sure how to. recycle actor maybe? Or would that be dangerous considering the Kahjit vendors' role? (shot in foot once, don't want to shoot it again)

hmm, maybe you 'baked in' the t-poses to that save?

Have you tried to load a previous save?

Well I first installed salacious idles sometime in early 2019 (just after I began playing), so that wouldn't help, but it's a valid suggestion, one I often provide myself.

As it turns out, I have FNIS sexy moves, so I changed their walk and that seems to have fixed/reset their idles as well (at least for females). The Kahjit male (can't think of his name off hand), apparently just reset himself since the camp was moved from near the Riften stables to Whiterun and he was back to normal when I encountered him.

I suspect my complaint was just a red-herring to some degree. The only ones who seem really stuck are some wenches that spend their days (and nights standing around on road sides. FNIS Sexy Moves changes will fix each of them as I encounter them

In any case, thanks for your replies.