Fallout 4 Patented: What we wanna see brought over from NV

SMB92

Fallout 4 has been patented now, in this discussion I'd like to talk about what features from New Vegas that we'd like to have or would like to be completely overhauled or removed.

View the patent here: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85818163&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch.

They have also patented rights to a TV series. To be certain that it is Fallout 4 under the "Mark Information" tab you will see they have added the general/standard mark 4 as part of the patent.

Now me personally, I'd like a system like Skyrim's smelting and smithing, more elaborate then the current crafting.

Also more mods for guns.

Better hacking system.

NO MORE Z-FIGHTING!!!!

Thermal vision by default rather than modded.

Fix the bloody seams on the characters/NPC's

Broader weapon content

All previous Fallout weapons.

And more but my mind is going nuts right now XD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The modding community is large enough. I'm not worried about particular technical or gameplay decisions. All can be modded after the fact.

What I'm concerned about is Bethesda giving us better storyline(s) and quests. We're pretty much stuck with whatever they give us, unlike most of those other things you've listed.

As few bugs as possible, and PC exclusive features that wouldn't run on the consoles like the UI, Open city, Or more NPC mods. Smoother animations If possible, but that would require a new engine.

Also story wise, I hope they set it in or near Chicago, that way they could set the details of Fallout tactics, and It has an enclave presence according to ED-E.

I think that Skyrim had beauty but, it didn't keep me hooked as much as oblivion did. They definately need to stop taking core features out of their games. I would like to see a fallout 4 with the Leveled-lists of Fallout New Vegas the stronger story of New Vegas and the guns from both games FO3 and FONV. They need to just add a whole lot of weapons and make a better engine that when their modders mod on it, it doesn't crash. -Engine Stability

Honestly I love the gambling/mobrule feel of FONV so I think they should have more factions too so we can pick more than 4 correct me if I am wrong (Legion, NCR, Selfrule and House). I would also like the potential for a crafting system that you can make your own weapons and I want more uniques. I love going somewhere out of the ordinary and finding equiptment that has a different name that is a little bit more powerful and the mesh is different. Or, just funny secrets like the "f*#@ You" sign in FO3. IMO they need to be professional too but, also have some fun with it. -Add Factions/Secret Areas/Better Crafting/Repair System

I would like areas to be leveled areas to a point, sprinkled with the occasional HOLYSHIT it's strong I have to run away moments. TBH in fallout3 or NV you reach a certain point in all the games and its like no amount of creatures if they were legions of super-mutants, behemoths can stop you. This leads to boring game mechanics, at first it feels like you're powerful but it tapers away after awhile to just boring. Maybe add some super-bosses that if you kill them you unlock perks or hitsquads/bountyhunters that provide challenges to players. Players need incentive to do such things so make them feel as if they are gaining something for putting time and effort in. -Improve Level-Lists/Areas/Make Super-Mobs/Bosses

This will sound very weird but, bring a dark brotherhood-esque faction to the world of fallout. Ancient Killers that need to balance a world that is so unbalanced. We need more to do once we complete the game and the more content we get on launch the happier we will be. DLC's are just a pain in the ass to pay and download, to me it feels like just a cash-cow. I am however a dedicated fan of Bethesda and Obsidian since NWN2 so I will pay either way haha. I know the game is gigantic as it is but, you can't tell yourself you don't want more fallout xD. -Add a Dark Brotherhood-Like FACTION/Make Less DLCs but make the DLC's Higher if not Highest Quality.

Last but not least, make the ending feel like that's the path you chose. Not like a linar predrawn score of checks and balances that if you save a town it just retells in a deep man's voice how you saved it. But, show WHAT happens AFTER you have so you get the FEELING of what it is like for those people or towns you've destroyed after you've shown your pressence there. AND FOR GOD-SAKES MAKE A WAY TO KEEP PLAYING AFTER THE GAME IS OVER (FO3LoL)

@Xaranth: Don't we all XD

@luthienanarion: It's in my prayers don't worry about that :)

@Tail: Chicago would be great, more BoS and Enclave would be fantastic, NCR just make me wanna go on a murderous rampage - which I do lmao XD. I wouldn't say axe the NCR, but even it out or just make them a small part where maybe BoS and NCR can get over there difference and let BoS rule XD

@jim_uk & JcHARP: Couldn't agree more, the greatest game in the world is Oblivion ;), I can't stand Skyrim personally, purely becasue of what they took away, it's a different game... I'm also as scared as the rest of y'all, in fact haunted by this now that we seen Skyrim DX lol.

@Tricky: I'm hoping we get something like New York to play wih lol, I don't want to see DC again this early lol. I think the SPECIAL system is great but, I reckon it should always be there.

@JcHARP: These are of my biggest wants for the game; more factions and better immersive implementation of them, MORE CREATURE VARIETY, more secret/special areas, an FCOM style system for dungeons/locations, more immersive quests as you stated - not just some shitty auto-dialogue from NPCs as you walk past them. My idea for a dark brotherhood style faction would be something like the New Vegas Bounties mod, but with some sort of anti-political movement (not insane heretics or some thing like that lol), a mob that seek to control the destiny of the wastes from a silent point of view, perhaps a group of veterans or something like that

For creatures, a few things I think the Mojave could of done with is SNAKES and more flying/winged creatures (like a giant butterfly XD). Also what comes to mind that many would haven't thought about much; MORE VARIETY OF BUILDINGS. I'm making a large mod adding new areas to the Mojave but I wanted to build a small city distict and what annoyed me is the variety of houses and small buildings. i wanted to make an upper class area of ruin but of course all the house are chatty little dongers with barely any room, quite unrealistic as people do build big homes too lol. Kinda disappointing really from an immersive/content POV.

@Ita: LMAO XD