Abandoned Mod?

llloyd

Want to be sure before I go an upload a fix. The mod "Thieves Guild Robes" was uploaded in '14, the uploader's last activity according to their profile is '17, that's 3 going on 4 years inactive. The mod requires the Unofficial Skyrim Patch which got renamed the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch (and that broke a lot of older mods) . Though if I look it over, it pulls nothing from the USP at all. Indeed, I deleted that as a Master, and I don't see anything that looks broken. Still need to test it though but it's looking like an arbitrary requirement. Still, as is, it's unusable and I am playing as a clothy, currently Dark Brotherhood, soon thief. At least Beth gave us clothy stuff for Dark Brotherhood but not Thieves Guild or Nightingales. O.o But, regardless, due to the age of the mod + last activity of the uploader, can I consider it abandoned and I can upload a fix once it's tested?

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55837

The mod requires the Unofficial Skyrim Patch which got renamed the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch (and that broke a lot of older mods) .

That is not what happened at all.

USKP did not get "renamed" to USLEEP.

USKP was the Unofficial Skyrim Patch for Skyrim.esm, whille the DLC had their own Unofficial Patches for Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn.

USKP can be used with any configuration of Skyrim except SSE, that is, Skyrim.esm plus any or all of the DLC. And you can use the indivdual unofficial patches for any or all of the DLC as well.

USLEEP is the All-in-One Unofficial Patch for Skyrim Legendary Edition and requires Skyrim.esm AND all of the DLC esm files.

If any games or mods got broken, it was due to end-users not reading the description and failing to grasp that USLEEP requires Skyrim.esm AND all of the DLC esm files.

There are many mods I still use from 2012/13/14 which were made for Skyrim.esm only and they work perfectly fine, and I use USKP and the individual unofficial patches. If any mods still have a dependancy on USKP and need to be updated to USLEEP, that can be done with a script for TES5Edit.

:smile:

Oh, ok. Well, I still won't run either USKP or USLEEP, to get into that would take a bit of ranting, but simply put, with it one of the Dark Brotherhood quests totally breaks. Without either the quest runs perfectly. The NPC that breaks only has two references, Skyrim.esm and the USKP/USLEEP, and nothing else. But Arthermoor disagrees so... Until he agrees and fixes what ever he broke I won't run it, I want my game to work and not be broken so bad I have to SetStage to get past it, or breaking the Golden Rule and uninstalling USKP / USLEEP mid game. >.<

Well, if you are using mods for your game, and especially if you are making mods for it, you need to understand what you are doing and also understand what USKP, UDGP, UHFP and UDBP for Skyrim + 1 to 3 DLC actually are vs USLEEP and Legendary Edition. USKP was not simply "renamed" to USLEEP, USLEEP is a separate patch for the entire Legendary Edition with all the DLC.

Did you start a new game when you used the Unofficial Patches, as recommended?

Arthmoor et al only test on Vanilla games with the patches, so if they cannot reproduce the bug, they cannot identify a bug to fix. It's true that they always deny any culpability with broken quests straight off the bat, but sometimes the patches have been taken offline for a day or two and then re-uploaded and certain issues have vanished.

Which NPC is it and what changes do the patches make? My Ranger has almost maxed out his Ranger skills and is going to train as a Thief and join the Thieve's Guild and maybe the Dark Brotherhood.

:smile: