Miraak is unkillable.

Relativelybest

Best solution: bring up the console.....click on miraak....write "resethealth"....it will bring miraak back from his freeze state and you can fight with him again till the quest finishes.....works perfectly

That was literally the first thing I tried.

The problem is that there are apparently multiple ways this bug can occur, so what works fine for one person may not work for someone else.

Did you cut him down with your Legendary Sword of SmithAbuse +NaN? Over-damaging him can mess up the scripting that handles his dragon-murdering revitalization scenes.

Also something I found out early on. Notably my character in question fights exclusively with the Ghostblade, and I had to abuse smithing just to get it strong enough to be a decent endgame weapon. Even then I tried to wear him down while avoiding power attacks, but there was no difference in outcome. I don't quite recall but I may also have tried fighting him with an even weaker weapon.

Basically, any fix you might find googling the bug or reading the wikis, plus any suggestion previously mentioned on this thread, I have probably already tried.

Edited by Relativelybest

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...