The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, all!

So, straight to the point; I need a voice actor for a fairly minor part. For this specific character, the idea I have in mind is a female Imperial, but I am flexible. If I have to, I could make either a male or female character of virtually any race work for this particular story.

OK, so here are the details;

I’m working on a mod that is a complete overhaul of crime, and the features are far too numerous to mention here, so I’ll stick to what this is actually for. I’m adding a number of ‘safe houses’ the player can establish all around Skyrim. Each safe house will be in a secret, out-of-the-way location, and will be a small version of a Hearthfires style ‘build-your-own-home’, except that you aren’t actually building the structure of the safe house; it’s more like you’re repurposing it.

I want to try my best to have an option to get someone else (an NPC) to do the hard work in order to accommodate different play styles, character personalities, etc. which brings me to why I need a voice actor… So, I’m working on a safe house in Whiterun hold; remember that destroyed cabin a little ways outside the city? That cabin now has a secret basement that you can gain access to through a well. That basement is going to be the safe house for that area. The former owner was a proper lunatic; he was kind of the Skyrim version of a Doomsday prepper, a bit of a conspiracy theorist, and an avid supporter of the Stormcloaks. Despite all of his prepping, he wasn’t prepared for the dragon that destroyed his house and him with it. He’s dead and gone now, and hence is NOT the character I need a voice actor. However, a couple of days before the dragon took him and his house out, our lunatic friend kidnapped a traveler (an Imperial woman?) who he was convinced was a spy of some sort. She’s not, but let’s face it, the former owner of this house is not the kind of person who listens to reason. He locked her in the basement and she is still down there!

So, in a nutshell, the player will enter the basement and hear this person calling out for help. In terms of the quest to claim this safe house, the player can either just kill the prisoner to be rid of them and ensure no one talks about the location of this safe house, or release the prisoner no questions asked, or release the prisoner on the condition that they clean the place up first. There will also be some dialogue options related to the story, the former owner, etc., but that’s the extent of what I’m looking for. We’re not talking about a major quest, or a companion character with hundreds of lines of dialogue, or anything like that. However, I want everyone to keep in mind that there will be A LOT more characters who I need voice actors for, I’m just not quite ready for those other parts yet.

As I said, the character I have in mind is an Imperial woman, but I could just as easily make it a male character, they could also be any race of elf, or an Argonian, or a Khajiit and still easily work in the story. I’m building the mod in Oldrim but will be porting it to SE and releasing for both.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, I was thinking of wandering into the voice acting side of things on Skyrim. Of course I've not really done it in a long long time nor did I warm up for this but it's moreso a test than an actual 'out there'. The mic is cheap but I'd like feedback and pointers on improvements.

https://soundcloud.com/user-305273746/test

https://soundcloud.com/user-305273746/test-2 (Forgot the nord)

Not sure if this is the right place for feedback but if it isn't then I apologise. Let me know what you think and if it seems decent I might actually come back with a proper setup/post looking for places.

Cheers! :happy:

(P.S, if I do get things kicking off I'll definitely get a pop filter :p )

Edited by ThatBloodMage

nxo3rIm.png

Long or short-term, (meaning whether you have the time to help out with an NPC or two for one town, or you want to hang out for the next five years of your life and help out with a bunch of towns.) Most assignments will be quick, as the majority of the NPCs voiced just provide a little backstory on themselves, their families or the town. Some longer assignments are given for quest NPCs, who would obviously have additional dialogue.

We need both male and female VAs - Nord parts will be most common because Skyrim. If you're able to do Argonians, Khajiits or Orcs, that's a plus, as those are always hard to find... but you name it, we need it - All races / ages / accents are welcome lol.

My only requirements are that you please have good recording equipment, and that you must have discord.

(This is where we do all our file sharing / where I will be posting scripts for you / where you can find me (and the writers) should you have any questions or concerns / it also makes it much easier to get ahold of you quickly for when re-records are needed / etc.)

If interested, feel free to shoot me a PM :smile: thanks muchly!

I can voice act a nord and an Imperial my discord is “Honored Toon#4229”.

Actor Stats

Race: Arab/ Semitic

Last Updated: 6/3/2019

Active Member: I am active on Instagram at @sami.abbas_ and my email at [email protected]

Playable Races:

All

Experience:

Starting out in voice acting however is experienced with XLR mic.

Skills:

Lunacy, Crazy, deep, hoarse, serious, basically i can go from Cicero to Ulfric

About Me:

I have a deep voice with a heavy Australian accent which can be masked by various accents are personas i take. I have a high vocal range as i am a choir singer so i can play characters like Cicero, but i can default to my normal voice which is very baritone and deep, very mature for my age.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EvilSeedlet

Actor Stats

Race: White/Caucasian

Last Updated: 4/11/19

Active Member: I pop in now and again when I get the modding bug.

Playable Races:

Altmer, imperials, the american-sounding nords, haha. I personally think I do a decent Khajiit.

Experience:

I know some of the basics of building followers and am working on a custom one right now with the creation kit, so I'm not 100% clueless as to the process of how the audio works and whatnot. In terms of voice acting I've been doing the female voices as needed for a friend's podcast, and have had a persistent interest in voice acting for a long time. Just now kind of getting the courage to do something about it.

Past Roles:

:excl: Melea Entius in Interesting NPCs (sample video)

:excl: Female 'high elf' justiciar in Ripple's Inconsequential NPCs

:excl: Mephala in EnaiSiaions's Daedraverse

:excl: The Marker in Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge

:excl: Pilvi-Hinnesh and Young Potema in Rigmor's Rigmor of Cyrodiil: Dragonchild

Skills:

Can make just about any type of audio file (Including the 44100 Hz wavs required for skyrim voices). Know my way around Audacity to a reasonable degree. Have pretty good audio quality. Have a small amount of knowledge on the Creation Kit so I'm not doing this totally blind.

About Me:

What can I say? I love Skyrim, have 1500+ hours logged in it, would love to help out with some mods.

Edited by EvilSeedlet

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a voice actress for my standalone follower, Gretchen for some basic custom follower dialogue, and no quests yet.

She is a tall young Nord and I'd like her to have a strong but graceful voice, not too low but not high or sultry. Something possibly between FemaleEvenToned and FemaleNord, but not as clipped and slightly rude sounding as Mjoll. She's a sweet person and should sound like it.

A natural Scandinavian accent would be ideal, but could be mildly faked as long as it sounds authentic.

A film example of the overall tone would be Gwendoline Christie's voice in Game of thrones. Strong, but graceful and not forceful in my opinion. A little younger sounding than her is ok. Gretchen is in her early 20's.

If this sounds like something anyone can do and is interested PM me to discuss.

Thank you!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96230

http://f.3ezy.net/Dirtnap/Dirt%20Nap/20190202202515_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Severage (SevVocal)
Actor Stats

Race: Caucasian
Last Updated: 6/6/2019 - Created a new post since I doubt anyone's going to scroll back a year looking for VAs.
Active Member: Yes

Playable Races:

I don't particularly enjoy Nord accents, though I can get away with doing them. Orc, Dark Elf, High Elf, Khajiit, Imperial (Obviously), are my most proficient. I can pass an Argonian as well.

Experience:
Specifically for Skyrim, I've made a custom-voiced follower myself, lent my voice to the likes of ETaC, The Great Civil War mod, a couple smaller quest mods, Dragon Age Origins Followers, and The Last Refuge, sequel to the Jerall Mountains quest mod.

Skills:

• I clean my own audio, if you have an engineer double-check it that's fine. For the most part, though, it should be free of background noise, mouth clicks, and other unwanted sounds. If you mention you have an engineer, I will not compress the audio myself and instead let them do it (This is for consistency's sake).
  • I spend a lot of time training my voice as both an actor and singer and thus have a good amount of time allotted for it - meaning I'll get to your work quickly.
  • Due to the above, I have a widely varying range. My voice is naturally light, medium-low, and smooth. I practice gravely characters a LOT, as many folks seem to want that, and most my roles require me to use a low voice. However, lighter and higher voiced characters aren't something I shy away from.
  • Just don't ask me to do an anime protagonist voice.
  • A fundamental grasp of many common accents. Scottish, French, common British dialects (Especially the more posh or Narration-sounding accents), Southern-US, Standard-US, (EU) Spanish, Skyrim-Nordic, Irish. All of these I'm confident in. I've also done Italian, Northeast-US, and German, though I've got work to do on these. If you want me to voice one of these last 3 or one I haven't listed here, please include a Reference Voice.
  • I'm something of an impressionist as well for all sorts of Character voices, again it will be easiest with a Reference Voice if you want me to do something out of the ordinary.

About Me:
Loved using my voice in funny ways since I was a child. I've been more serious about being a vocalist and singer for the past 2-3 years, improving all the time! My recording is sadly not of Professional Studio quality as I have a Blue Yeti, Pop Filter and some blankets. However, I treat my audio well and take great care not to have plosives and nasty artifacts all over the place. As mentioned, I also clean it myself to improve the perceived quality. It should be more than adequate for Skyrim.

Caveat:
I am not interested in roles for 18+ content of any kind, nor will I use profanity in my lines. If I'm sent lines including profanity, I will substitute words - or you can do that yourself before you send it to me.

Voice Samples:

My Character Demo Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj4flmqaAM0

My CCC Page: https://www.castingcall.club/m/Severage

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sev-vocal

The CCC page also has my demo there, and a feed of auditions I've submitted at the bottom of the page, if you care to look at that. My YouTube and Soundcloud both have hobby stuff as well, just whatever I felt like doing for fun. If you made it this far, kudos to you! Your attention span is greater than at least half the internet.

Edited by SevVocal