Epic Games Modding - A Techical Solution

Nakaka

I edited the thread, it should be easier to do now. If someone got it working before my edit, and the new method doesn't work, let me know!

If Battlefront doesn't launch and Origin pops up, try exiting Origin, exiting Epic Games, then relaunch Origin and Epic Games. Also end-task Battlefront 2 (it might be open in the background).

Similarly if anything is wrong about the [DATAPATH], or "ModData" folder doesn't exist, Origin will pop up and the game will not.

Edited by Nakaka

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't work for me. But if it can help, i noticed that every time i create a ModData file with FMM an hidden file named "Update" is created and it seems that it doesn't exist and if i want to open it, it displays an "location not available" error.

This is normal, "Update" folder is a symbolic link

You may want to paste what you're entering into cmd.exe. Don't include [auth_password] or I'll steal your account

I am entering exactly this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %22D:\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData%22"

I tried to enter the auth_password i got with the first method, with the 0 and same with the epicusername. I hope i'm not dumb and there is an other reason the mods doesn't work. I think i will wait an official fix.

I am entering exactly this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %22D:\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData%22"

I tried to enter the auth_password i got with the first method, with the 0 and same with the epicusername. I hope i'm not dumb and there is an other reason the mods doesn't work. I think i will wait an official fix.

Does the game launch without the datapath portion? Try This:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=&epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go"

If it launches there might be something wrong with your mods/frosty

Edited by Nakaka

If someone got it working before my edit, and the new method doesn't work, let me know!

Can't get the game running with .cmd files. Origin pops up, but the game doesn't start. Tried both strings from the hard and the easy solution.

Both works if I paste the exact same lines into CMD, so can't complain, great job!

Edited by Evanitis

whenever i run the command, it says [0131/210635:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

[0131/210635:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[0131/210635:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
in a debug file