Epic Games Modding - A Techical Solution

Nakaka

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this work once then it stopped working. It wont even start origin now, any idea what I could do?

The easier solution worked

I had my hand at this yesterday and found a solution. This solution assumes you already have Frosty Mod Manager, and have attempted to launch the game with your imported mods. (this creates a necessary "ModData" folder)

Backstory

Recently EA decided to update Origin to require the use of EpicGamesLauncher.exe to launch Battlefront II.

Earlier versions of Origin doesn't need EpicGamesLauncher at all. Although nothing's technically preventing you from using the earlier Origin, you cannot play Battlefront II with friends. With the new version of Origin, Origin launches EALink.exe, which talks to EpicGamesLauncher.exe, and will not carry over the "-datapath" required to load mods.

Solution Part 1 (Optional? See *Note)

1. Open CMD.exe (from start menu) and go fullscreen so you can see it better
  2. Paste (without quotes): "WMIC path win32_process get Caption,Commandline"
  3. Launch Battlefront II from Epic
  4. Press enter inside CMD.exe
  5. Look for EALink.exe in the list. If you see it, you have all the information you need. Copy the whole line to Word/Notepad for reference. You can copy text from CMD.exe by selecting the text, then right-clicking it.

If you don't see EALink.exe in the list, it isn't running, so you pressed enter too late/early.

Solution Part 2

1. Open notepad.exe (from start menu) and paste this line of text to it (INCLUDING quotes):

"[PATH_TO_ORIGIN]\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=[AUTHPASS]&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=[EPICUSERNAME]&epicuserid=[EPICUSERID]&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %22[DATAPATH]%22"

2. Replace [AUTHPASS], [EPICUSERNAME], and [EPICUSERID] with the information you gathered from CMD.exe earlier.
  3. Replace [DATAPATH] with something like: C:\Games\Origin\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData
  4. Replace [PATH_TO_ORIGIN] with something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
  5. Open another CMD.exe (from start menu)
  6. Paste the notepad's text into CMD.exe (right-click -> paste)
  7. Press enter to launch the game.

*Note: It might be that [EPICUSERNAME] and [EPICUSERID] can be blank, and [AUTHPASS], though necessary, can be 0... epic.

Easier Solution

1. Open Epic & Origin
  2. Open notepad.exe (from start menu) and paste in this line of text (INCLUDING quotes):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %22[DATAPATH]%22"

3. Replace [DATAPATH] with something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData
  4. Open another CMD.exe (from start menu)
  5. Paste the notepad's text into CMD.exe (right-click -> paste)
  6. Press enter to launch the game.

If Origin pops up but the game doesn't open, your [DATAPATH] is probably wrong, or Epic thinks the game's already running.

Thanks to Bread for helping me test my solution. Thread should be updated when someone posts a better solution or creates a program to automate this.

Tried the easier version and ran the cmd and when I did, another Origin window popped up and said, "Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts."

Tried the easier version and ran the cmd and when I did, another Origin window popped up and said, "Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts."

That's an old solution, and I have only seen that error with BattleDash's suggested modification. I think you pasted or typed something wrong, try solution #1

Edited by Nakaka

В русском сегменте такое не работает, в командной строке не выскакивает ни разу EAlink.exe. Потому что его нет... Похоже... Что русскому сегменту нужен другой способ(((

Ok so before the update of origine, i was playing whith mods to Epic games caus i had change the boot option in origine by somthing like C:\Games\Origin\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData, then, now when i lauch with frosty, the gamme is here but not the mods, i dont know if the modification on origine are for something.

В русском сегменте такое не работает, в командной строке не выскакивает ни разу EAlink.exe. Потому что его нет... Похоже... Что русскому сегменту нужен другой способ(((

Hello, the very first post has the newest solution. If you are reading a Russian translation, you need to re-translate the first post because it has been updated last week.

If EALink is in a different place, Please find EALink.exe on your computer and send me the file path. I will update the solution.

Здравствуйте, в самом первом посте есть новейшее решение. Если вы читаете русский перевод, вам нужно повторно перевести первый пост, потому что он был обновлен на прошлой неделе.

Если EALink находится в другом месте, найдите EALink.exe на своем компьютере и отправьте мне путь к файлу. Обновлю решение.

Ok so before the update of origine, i was playing whith mods to Epic games caus i had change the boot option in origine by somthing like C:\Games\Origin\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData, then, now when i lauch with frosty, the gamme is here but not the mods, i dont know if the modification on origine are for something.

Changing the boot option in Origin only works for the older out-of-date Origin.

Still dont work

ok

Edited by Nakaka