Epic Games Modding - A Techical Solution

Nakaka

hi, i have a issue with the script "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=&epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %%22C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData%%22" because I did all the steps but when I run the script my game only launches Origin and not Battlefront. I have tried several methods but nothing works. I am specifying that my file locations are correct. Please help me.

Looks good, did you try unapplying all mods in Frosty, then click "launch" in frosty? After that, launch the game with your script.

If it runs without mods applied, you have a problem with a mod.

Anyone know the reason for this the game will have everyone stop moving mid Match and it will kick me to the menu saying a error code of 721 and 623 and some others.

Does it only happen with mods? sounds like bad internet connectivity.

Edited by Nakaka

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get this error when i run the command to launch the game. but can launch the game regularly, even launches after opening it from frosty. Not sure whats wrong

See:

Weird, you use Solution#1 or Solution#2?

Please post the text inside your .cmd file

BattleDash says he has a DRM-free launcher, which might help.

On the previous page someone posted a video with a discord that can help too. If you find a solution please post it

Edited by Nakaka

get this error when i run the command to launch the game. but can launch the game regularly, even launches after opening it from frosty. Not sure whats wrong

See:

Weird, you use Solution#1 or Solution#2?

Please post the text inside your .cmd file

BattleDash says he has a DRM-free launcher, which might help.

On the previous page someone posted a video with a discord that can help too. If you find a solution please post it

did solution one. here is the cmd text i copy and pasted in a notepad.

@ECHO OFF
FOR /F "usebackq tokens=3*" %%A IN (`reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\EA Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II" /v "Install Dir"`) DO (
set installdir=%%B
)
FOR /F "tokens=2* skip=2" %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Core" /v "EADM6InstallDir"') DO (
set origindir=%%B
)
FOR /F "tokens=2* skip=2" %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\EpicGames\Unreal Engine" /v "INSTALLDIR"') DO (
set egsdir=%%B
)
start "" "%origindir%\Origin.exe
start "" "%egsdir%Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe"
echo You must be signed into Origin and EpicGamesStore for this to work
timeout /t 15 /nobreak
"%origindir%\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=&epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %%22%installdir%\ModData%%22"
echo Game launched.
pause

did solution one. here is the cmd text i copy and pasted in a notepad.

@ECHO OFF
FOR /F "usebackq tokens=3*" %%A IN (`reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\EA Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II" /v "Install Dir"`) DO (
set installdir=%%B
)
FOR /F "tokens=2* skip=2" %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Core" /v "EADM6InstallDir"') DO (
set origindir=%%B
)
FOR /F "tokens=2* skip=2" %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\EpicGames\Unreal Engine" /v "INSTALLDIR"') DO (
set egsdir=%%B
)
start "" "%origindir%\Origin.exe
start "" "%egsdir%Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe"
echo You must be signed into Origin and EpicGamesStore for this to work
timeout /t 15 /nobreak
"%origindir%\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=&epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %%22%installdir%\ModData%%22"
echo Game launched.
pause

That's not my solution, I guess you got it from the modding Discord (which requires phone # verification, so I won't join)

Edited by Nakaka

i only got it to work twice all the other times either the game doesnt launch or the game launches but with no mods, ive tried everything (running the command on the cmd, both cmd files, running the game through frosty, through epic games, through origin, restarted my pc several times) it only worked the first time i ran the command and the first time i restarted but i havent got it to work since that

pls help

i only got it to work twice all the other times either the game doesnt launch or the game launches but with no mods, ive tried everything (running the command on the cmd, both cmd files, running the game through frosty, through epic games, through origin, restarted my pc several times) it only worked the first time i ran the command and the first time i restarted but i havent got it to work since that

pls help

I don't expect it to be inconsistent like that

please rule out a bad mod, so:

try unapplying all mods in frosty, except for one, safe, newly created mod on nexus.

then "launch" in frosty to apply

then launch the game with the CMD

if it doesnt launch, try launching with the CMD without any mods, it should at least launch

pls help

I don't expect it to be inconsistent like that

please rule out a bad mod, so:

try unapplying all mods in frosty, except for one, safe, newly created mod on nexus.

then "launch" in frosty to apply

then launch the game with the CMD

if it doesnt launch, try launching with the CMD without any mods, it should at least launch

i got it to work now thanks

one (or more than one) of my mods was probably the cause

now i gotta see which mods work and which dont but this game takes years to load lol

but thanks

hi, i have a issue with the script "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" "link2ea://launchgame/MtMassive?AUTH_PASSWORD=0&AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode&epicusername=&epicuserid=&epiclocale=en&theme=sws&platform=epic&Hotfix=go& -datapath %%22C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ModData%%22" because I did all the steps but when I run the script my game only launches Origin and not Battlefront. I have tried several methods but nothing works. I am specifying that my file locations are correct. Please help me.

Looks good, did you try unapplying all mods in Frosty, then click "launch" in frosty? After that, launch the game with your script.

If it runs without mods applied, you have a problem with a mod.

Â

Â

Anyone know the reason for this the game will have everyone stop moving mid Match and it will kick me to the menu saying a error code of 721 and 623 and some others.

Â

Does it only happen with mods? sounds like bad internet connectivity.
Yeah turns out it was the condo I was staying at caused it.