All NPCs, Including Turrets, Run Out of Ammo Permanently

DrakoWulf

I have about 144 mods currently installed to Fallout 4. For a while now, I've been having an issue that's really been annoying me, but I've tried to just live with it. I don't want to live with this issue anymore. Every NPC that has the ability to shoot, including turrets, runs out of ammo. Whatever ammo you'd normally pick up from their bodies/scraps seems to be what they use, and since it's usually only about ten bullets, they shoot at me briefly before switching to melee, or if it's a turret, just stop firing forever. Because they're using up the small amount of ammo they're holding, this also means I can almost never find ammo on NPCs I kill, which is especially annoying for Hard and Survival difficulties. I can take out an entire raider camp, and if there's not a raider hoarder, I often get no ammo at all. This whole idea seems like it would make for a great immersion mod, but firefights can't even last a minute, so there's just no benefit, not even immersion. Another thing to add is that all companion NPCs run out of ammo with their signature weapons as well.

I've looked through all of Nexus pages for the mods I have installed that seems like they could have this effect, but after looking through the user posts and bug reports in each of these mods, no one else reports such issues. I've also tried going into my Fallout4.ini file to change the combat ammo usage value from 1 to 0 (it was set to 1 when I first opened the ini file), but that had no effect, even after starting a new game. I am completely baffled, and before I start disabling one mod at a time, I'd like to have you guys look for me. Below is a link to a new Imgur gallery, which contains five screenshots of all of my NMM mods.

https://imgur.com/gallery/N6MRcFk#

If you even attempt to help me out, I appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance for your time.

There are several methods to force NPCs to use ammo, the usual one is to set an "NPCs Use Ammo" flag on each base weapon form.

Several specific "NPC Use Ammo" mods do this, look 'em up.

If you dont know what the mods you have installed actually do (!) then your going to have to open them in xEdit and see which one sets those weapon flags.

There are several methods to force NPCs to use ammo, the usual one is to set an "NPCs Use Ammo" flag on each base weapon form.

Several specific "NPC Use Ammo" mods do this, look 'em up.

If you dont know what the mods you have installed actually do (!) then your going to have to open them in xEdit and see which one sets those weapon flags.

I don't want to make NPCs use ammo. My problem is that NPCs do use ammo, and I don't want them to. I also have no clue what xEdit is.

Ever used xEdit?

Load all your mods in xEdit, pick an NPC, find the setting for "use ammo", and see if any mods affect that.

No, I've never used xEdit. I've never even heard of it until yesterday. I'm sure I can find a tutorial somewhere, because written instructions alone is not enough for me.

Ever used xEdit?

Load all your mods in xEdit, pick an NPC, find the setting for "use ammo", and see if any mods affect that.

Alright, so I just installed xEdit and let it load all of my mods. What do I do now? How do "pick an NPC" in xEdit?