Shadow/dark area around player when cloudy/overcast/storm

tVEC

I know this has been mentioned before, I have seen maybe 6 posts about it but never any solution.

The problem I speak of is the circular area around the player that occurs during snow, rain, or cloudy weather, I seem to see it most along the northern coast:

All around me is a dark area. Am I a collapsed white dwarf? A singularity? Can light not escape my gravitational forces?

I get this modded and unmodded. With ENB and without.....is it even fixable?

And if it can be fixed, how?

Thanks for any help.

fShadowBiasScale in your SkyrimPrefs.ini

Thanks for the suggestion, but seems to have no effect. I've tried many settings between .1 to 1 for fShadowBiasScale but it changes nothing.

I'm currently using The Wilds ENB without CoT, my shadow related setting are

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=6

fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000

fShadowDistance=5000.0000

iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

iShadowSplitCount=2

fShadowLODStartFade=1000.0000

iShadowMode=3

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowMaskZPrepass=0

iShadowMapResolution=2048

fShadowBiasScale=0.2500

iShadowMaskQuarter=4

iShadowFilter=3

• 4 months later...

4 months later, this issue has resurfaced to the top of my bug fixing list. After researching on the web more, I'm not sure it is ini or mod related. It seems to be an inherent bug which is made more obvious by overcast weather. The sahadow area moves as you zoom the camera in third person view. It is almost as if the carmera is casting it's own shadow.

In Solstheim this problem is even more noticeable due to the constant presence of ash in the sky.

If there is someone who never had this issue (go check in overcast weather) I would love to see their ini settings